Matt Shaw update...

In an article on Prepstars.com, Matt Shaw said there are three schools that are showing a lot of interest in him.

"The schools are mostly St. Louis, Carbondale and Creighton," Shaw said. "And Stanford, Minnesota, Mississippi and Texas Tech area also in there."

The article also said that Shaw and St. Louis Eagles' teammate Tyler Hansbrough shaved their heads before the Peach Jam Tournament.

- Nate

I've seen the same take from Lefty in a few other spots. In other words, don't bet the house on Master Tyler showing up in a Blue and White Billiken Uni.

It may be time for Coach Soderberg to try and reel in Matt Shaw, if he can.

i cant imagine the scenario that puts slu in position to get in on tyler hansborough. he is big big time and there is no connection to bring him to slu.

When I talked to Tyler at the Nike Hoop Jamboree, he said the schools that had already offered him a scholarship are Mizzou, Illinois, Arkansas and Marquette.

I just read a Frank Burlison article that said Hansbrough might be the top recruit in the Midwest next year. He's a big-time prospect and he'll end up at a top basketball program. I don't know if Tyler and Grimes are close, but Hansbrough could end up with Grimes at Mizzou.

- Nate

that would probably p!ss grimes off as he would then spend all four years of his career as a backup power forward.