Channel 5 says Kalen Grimes to Missouri

lefty

Quin's recruiting sure can be questionable (very questionable), but he certainly gets some players.

Sorry for asking something that has been beaten to death on this board. But does this mean we offer Shaw now? Or was it another player that we waiting for. (My mind isn't its greatest today, I am working for a friend's mom painting her basement, and I was cleaning the walls for while with water and bleach, and gotta love the fumes

:)

Steve

while i realize that brad had grimes as a top target, the want for grimes over other inside players that are available continues to befuddle me. if brad wanted him, i would have supported it, but to be honest, i have seen nothing but grimes getting outplayed for 3 years now by smaller players. outside of that big body, i dont see it and i am surprised that missouri actually wanted him considering how easily missouri has competed nationally recruiting wise the last few years. imo, if we get shaw, we may have the better player.

while i love shaw, i am still hoping that possibly we are in the running for taj gray. to refresh memories, the rumor is that taj had verballed to romar his senior year in high school and was coming as a prop 48. romar takes the washington job and taj then heads off to juco land. imo, there had to be something more than romar that taj liked at slu. taj has turned into probably the top juco pf in all the land. think of anthony bonner and you have gray.

I agree that Kalen has yet to play up to his potential - some say it is his coach and the style of play he uses. Who knows but lots of big schools around the country were hot on his trail. Kalen dropped us from his list at least a month ago so where he ends up is kind of moot from my perspective. Kalen's mother went to MU so I am not sure SLU really ever had a chance. MU only got him because Self left IL. I keep hearing people on this board say that Shaw is a Valley type player so going after him makes me wonder. The only reason SLU beat out MU before was because Norm was there and the black community hated him. We seldom beat Norm out of any white bb players. Brad does have to turn this around but it will take more than 1 year to do so. If in 2 more years the same is happening then I think we should be concerned.

his list includes Oklahoma, Cincy, Xavier, Texas Tech,Wichita State, Indiana, Michigan State, Kansas, Kansas State,Arkansas,Louisville, Tulsa and Nebraska. No mention of the Billikens. Coach says he will trim his list by end of summer to 3 to 5 for visits.

Kalen is a high school underachiever ... but Arthur Johnson was in the same mold and has flurished under Quin (and it pains me to say this as I am not a fan of pretty Q). Big question: will Kalen live up to his potential with the right motivation from coaches or is he just a dog on the court? It would have been nice to see that question answered with Kalen in a SLU uni. But given Kalen's track record as a player, it's quite conceivable that we shall get similar production out of the power forward spot with a combination of a players like Shaw, JJ and Ian (assuming Ian plays some PF after Bryce has RS year). This shall make the renewal of the Mizzou -- Billiken series all the more interesting!