Day 3 for Ian Vouyoukas in the Junior Worlds

AJ, "but so what? What gives you the idea that Villanova is special. They're a middling team in a major conference. Is Villanova much better than a K-State or Iowa State. Admittedly, I haven't followed Villanova that closely, but don't recall seeing them in the NCAA's that often. What makes you think Villanova is so special? Is making the NIT the last couple of years worthy of great praise? I think you're reaching with that analogy."

AJ, you said it. Repeat, judge a player as an individual, not what team they played for.

While you don't know much about Villanova, let me fill you in. Bryant played behind Gary Buchanan, a kid who was good enough to start for just about any team in the country, including your beloved Missouri. Bryant up some pretty good numbers as a 6th man in the Big East. It just so happened that he was stuck behind a more experienced player in Buchanan.

Now we're going back to the 80s in comparing programs. This is ridiculous. If you want to say Villanova has a richer history in college basketball than Mizzou, then that's fine. Won't argue with you. I'm not about to compare the two programs in national championships, conference championships, and NCAA appearances. I'll let someone else do that.

When I was calling Villanova a middling program in a major conference, I was only referring to the last 4 or 5 years. Excuse me for not taking into account the other 15 years. For some reason, I don't see the relevance in comparing programs longer than 4 years, since players ONLY HAVE 4 YEARS OF ELIGIBILITY.

i guarantee you that jay wright shows perspective recruits the national championship trophy when they come to campus. and i wouldnt doubt one bit that if the recruit says, "well i am considering missouri as well". jay is quick to point out that the tigers havent even got to a final four yet let alone win a championship. it is not that long ago.

and btw, it wasnt a one time thing. i believe villanova was there in the late 60's as well. however according to the ncaa the final four appearance was stricken from the record books because howard porter had already contracted with an agent before the season was over. but still it is not a one time thing for the wildcats.

Nowhere did I say that Reggie Bryant held his own against Justin Love yesterday. I said that Love dominated, to my chagrin. Really, there was no one there yesterday who was as spectacular as Love.

What I said is that Reggie Bryant will be a force for SLU this year, but not on Justin Love's level.

I'm not saying whether you should change your view on whether or not Bryant will "be the man" for SLU just yet, but what I am saying is that I believe he will lead the Billikens in scoring, whether his points-per-game average is 13, 15, 18, or 20. I suspect it will be on the lower end, not the higher end.