A Better Article

This is the last paragraph:

"All the I-A conferences that may be affected, which would be the Big East, Conference USA, Mountain West, WAC, Sun Belt and Mid-American; they've all kind of agreed that nothing could be implemented before '05-06," said Chuck Neinas, a consultant hired by C-USA. "Taking that into consideration, you've got a good, 60, 90, 120 days to work something out."

Something pretty big is in the works. I notice that the Atlantic 10 isn't involved, so I guess no Xavier or Dayton.

The A10 must be planning on holding serve. Since none of their teams really play high caliber football, there really is not any reason for others to be plucking teams from them. There is enough non-football schools in the CUSA and the BE to make a fine bb conference only.

what would be fantastic is if the 10 basketball only schools would be together. i hate the division formats, and 10 schools is a nice number to play a round robin home and away schedule of 18 games. my guess though is that they would perfer to do a 2 division format. to give the teams 5 more games they could schedule vs non-conference teams or maybe they would use those 5 games to play the other league annually as well. the point is, it appears that all is well and the nonsense of becoming a horizon or mvc team can stop.

I like the addition of XU and Dayton. Then you've got two 6 team divs as follows:

East: GT, Prov, SH, StJohn's, Nova, Charlotte

Midwst: ND, MU, DePaul, SLU, XU, DAyton

Now that's a conference you can be proud of.