The Marquette Fans have become arrogant SOBs

Nice defense of SLU, David. Boy it's something what a final four will do for your ego. I guess we can all say "we knew you when". The best way to show MU our distaste for their arrogant and haughty behaviour would be to kick their a** twice next year. I too cheered for MU in the NCAA's and was sad to see them get their hats handed to them by KU. I still think MU lives off the glory days of Al McGuire, even though Crean is building a powerhouse program today. I wished we had had the foresight to hire him instead of Zo, but am not displeased the way things turned out with UB. I'm rambling because, like you, am a little upset at their total lack of respect for a fellow Jebbie institution. Build the Biondi Dome and let's see how things shake out between the two programs.

it was just one poster that said the majority of the junk. I've been reading their board as often as possible to get the latest on the conference shake-ups and I think the majority of them would like to stay with us and Depaul if possible but most of them believe they should jump to the Big East if offered and we aren't. Honestly I can't blame them on that as I hope we'd drop charlotte from this "coalition" if we ot an invite and they didn't.

I thought your response was very fair though to this one poster who clearly didn't have his facts straight. Here's hoping we'll be following the Marquette program many years into the future.

Yes all boards and teams have a few bad eggs. Don't let it get you down. Facts...the Metrodome is not close to anything in Minneapolis. Much worse location than the "Ed". However, from a hoops viewing standpoint, MUCH better view of hoops. Done much much better than the "Ed." imo. Much closer, louder, etc...I have Rams season tix ad I think for all of that $$, they could have done a MUCH better job with the Dome.

DePaul...they just need a good coach, without the problems, and those DePaul fans will come out of the woodworks. That might happen sooner than you think.

SLU is on course with new arena plans...I personally have not been a big Woolard fan.

Cities? I am sure I will offend many here...but it is down right LAUGHABLE and SAD at the same time, that there is more traffic to St. Charles than the city. I am a big city advocate, and many other smaller cities like Memphis, Milwaukee, etc...are blowing right past St. Louis. You have to get young professionals to live there, and empty nesters with money to spend.

As long as STL remains one big suburb of driving, it will have a mixed reputation.

Free the city of St. Louis!

Over the last 50 years, Downtown St. Louis has fallen as hard as an major economic center in the country and is about 10-20 years behind most cities in downtown revitalization.

There is good news for downtown. Downtown St. Louis--not Clayton, not St. Charles, not Kansas City, not Indianapolis--is still the largest economic center in the midwest outside of Chicago. See http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories...editorial2.html

If you live, work, or spend much time downtown these days, you are also aware that nearly every structure in downtown has either recently been rahbbed, is in the process of being rehabbed, or is under plans for rehab. Most of these rehabs are designed to attract young professionals and emtpy nessters. Thus far, the projects have been fairly successful. The region could still do a better job of devoting fewer resources to building suburban highways and strip malls and more resources to urban renewal, but things are on the upswing nonetheless.

There is a great series of articles on downtown revitalization available under the categories "In Depth: Downtown" and "Opinions" at http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2003/02/24/

i have been to the metrodome twice to see twins games. granted it isnt a basketball game, but i consider the metrodome to be the absolute worst professional sports facility i have ever been to. it was dark, the seats were extremely close and steep, there were too few bathrooms and the concession choices were few.

on the positive side, on my first visit on a game between the twins and the mariners, i got there early enough to participate in the shooting of the final scene from the movie, "little big league". so i got that going for me. one of 10,000 extras all pushed together behind home plate to make it look like a championship playoff crowd.

the second worst facility i have ever been to is tropicana field in st petersburg. i am revisiting in early august though to give it a second chance.

both of these two "domed fields" are not the equal of the eddydome imo. that said, i am not a fan of the eddydome either. you can sure tell it was built with public money as compared to savvis which wasnt. the savvis is a palace. the eddydome is plainjane.

Never been to the Metrodome so I cannot make a comment on that one. I hated the departed King Dome and thought it was a total waste for baseball. Seattle did it right with Safeco Field which is a super baseball stadium.

This is the third baseball season that we have lived in Tampa and I still have not been to the Fruit Dome. As far as I am concerned they play minor league ball at that place, and that is from someone who could get free tickets to the games.

I was an original Rams PSL season ticket holder before we started moving all over the country. I must say that I was not blown away by the then TWA and now Ed Dome.

The Kiel and now Savvis Center is a great place and here in Tampa the Ice Palace now the St. Pete Forum is an equal to Savvis IMHO. I am excited about our new on campus arena and I have a feeling that it will be 1st class under the capable hands of Fr. Biondi.

I suppose that I was one of the people who ran off from the city as I was born and raised in an area known as Dogtown, but I was long gone from the city after reaching my early 20's. While I can't say the city scared me off, I just prefered to live in St. Louis County.

I was born and raised in the county and moved to the city for college. It has been over ten years, and I still live in the city with no intention of ever moving back to the county. Different strokes for different folks, but I have found that the charm, architecture, diversity, and energy commonplace in the city cannot be found in most parts of the county. BTW, the crime rate in my neighborhood is on par or better than just about any county neighborhood.

You are all missing the point - it is not about the City or the County. What the area needs to do is bring the City and the County together so we are viewed and are in fact working together. This can be as St. Louis County with the City as the big dog or however but this silly separation does neither side any good. Whether we will ever be able to be like KC and not worry if people live in Kansas or in our case IL or not is a tougher nut to crack but we need to start trying. The whole St. Charles and Jefferson County thing is another issue that needs addressing. Either way, as long as all these areas keep fighting with each other, the whole region suffers to some extent. Everyone has to decide where the best place for them to live is - that is Ok and the way it should be - however, if we can start seeing ourselves as "one" unified in making the region excel then it does not worry where you choose to live or not.