slu soccer recruits

Long time listener, first time caller......

I know this is a 99.9% b-ball board but SLU does have a fine soccer program that has a nice recruiting class coming in for next year. The following link is to the best college soccer site out there, probably the only one too. Nice to see SLU's class ranked second. This class could be the one that wins a sorely needed championship in the next couple years. Hopefully b-ball will rise through the recruiting rankings after the arena and Uncle B tie the knot.

http://www.collegesoccernews.com/page600.html

As I have posted many times...people have been EXTREMELY unrealistic in recent SLU soccer memory. I remember reading the disappointed folks with the national quarterfinal loss two years ago. I am all about winning it all, but for years and years and years Joe Clarke didn't even have ONE full time asistant to help recruit, or with the team. Laughable. Warming has had more success with Creighton, before and since he went back. I think Donnigan is an excellent fit with the program, hungry, relentless, young...he has Sorber. SLU should lock up many stud kids. But also as I said before, the best youth soccer has not been played in STL for years now. People have to move on and turn the page some time and understand SLU must recruit elsewhere too. Donnigan gets that. And, many kids like to go away to school anyway. Do your best for the top FEW local talent, as is the case this year...to be a national program, getting second tier local good, nice players, isn't god enough. This particular year, the kids happen to be national caliber. Hopefully they will adjust immediately. For example, last year's class was mediocre. HEre is to hoping for more like the current in coming years.

SLU's soccer recruiting class was also ranked 3rd by Soccer America. Five of the recruits played in the McDonald's Soccer All American Game and 2 of those guys, John DiRaimondo and Brian Grazier, have been playing against the best talent of their age level in the world while playing on the US Junior National Team. I am excited to see this team in action this fall.