Finally got around to some housecleaning (only took me

If you go to:

http://www.billikens.com/msieframe.shtml

Hopefully you should see the old feature of seeing the new posts on the message board without having to load the message board. Also, I cleaned up the C-USA Board links and they should all link to active boards.

Tell me if anything is messed up for any of you out there in Billiken land.

Steve

Pretty much Billikens.com takes me about 10-15 minutes to update per game. Which makes it not that huge of a time commitment.

The only things that I really update are the scores and news links. I have it that I only have to change a small file to change the scores on the front page (so I don't have to edit the main file for the front page). And then the news links are pretty much the same. But I may honestly drop the news links (I will ask for user feedback before I do so) because I don't know how necessary they really are or how many people actually use them.

But the changes over the past 2 years have pretty much been for the sole fact that when I go to college Billikens.com would not be a major time consumer. One example is the new board software for the past year (it requires a lot less work for me personally). Another example being sharing moderation duties with thicks (moderation is rarely done on this board, but who knows how much/how closely I will be able to read when at GW). Admitedly Billikens.com isn't as stellar as a Tigerboard.com (Nick on that site knows his stuff, I am very impressed by that site). But it serves its purpose. And until the user demand increases, Billikens.com is quite comfortable where it is.

So far things look good on the new server. We just ran into bad luck with the new server buyout and then the virus. Luckily my contract was up in May, so I could switch without losing any money really. But be assured, Billikens.com will be around even though the SignGuy is in DC.

Now the debate is will I become GWUSignGuy (doesn't quite role off the tougue as well). One girl I met at orientation is encouraging it after seeing Billikens.com and "It Stops at 17" picture. But that is a lot of foamboard, and I know nothing about the team. Other than they seem to be rebuilding more than SLU. They are coming off a whopping 12-17 season. I think my SLU loyalties will remain strong (and there is still the potential to coming home for law school if I decide to go that route).

Then another debate is do I wave signs when I come home for the holidays (I am so pissed that my spring break is the week after the C-USA Tourney, SLU better make the tourney.)

Well, I have a few months to make those decisions. For the next couple of weeks, Billikens.com will probably have an addition or two while I continue to clean up shop a bit. Then hopefully I won't need to touch Billikens.com until at least the season starts (and when the scheduele comes out).

That's it from the desk of the SignGuy,

Steve