In reading the SLU roster after reading the previous post from jmolina, I noted that Floyd McClain's name still appears on the roster. Is he in town this summer? is he sorking out with the team? what is the status of his injuries? can't keep them all straight. don't know if he or JD Drew is more injured and unavilable to his team. anyone with any insight here?

I've been watching the scrimmages - initally at West Pine - but now at Simon until on or about August 4 due to refinishing the West Pine floor. The scrimmages are interesting. There is a "hard core" of players who seldom if ever miss - Fisher, Drejaj, Johnson, Issac, Sloan, Bryant, Hunt - then you will see Husek, Clarke, and some of the others show up from time to time. There's also some ex-players such as Tatum and Heinrick and some possible recruits who also show up from time to time.I was simply going to tell you I haven't seen McClain there, but then I realized that there is always a guard or two who are often pretty good, who play. I've asked some of the bystanders who they are and nobody watching seems to know. Given that I and evereyone else in St. Louis has only seen Floyd play a couple times and would hardly recognize him, he could be on of the mystery players. I really don't think so however. The next time I get by one of the scrimmages, I'll ask one of the players if Floyd has been around at all this summer.

Seeing Floyd on the sidelines during games last season, he looked like he gained a significant amount of weight; therefore, his face is fuller than in this picture from slubillikens.com:

http://slubillikens.ocsn.com/sports/m-bask...in_floyd00.html

Considering the guy is trying to comeback after essentially 2 years off, I would expect to see him in the gym playing every day. If not, that tells me the guy is not sufficiently recovered from his back surgery to play at this point (which means the chances of him contributing next year are very low).