Demetrious Johnson All-Star game...

thanks nate! i truly appreciate your visits and insights. i assume we will meet in the future and i am looking forward to shaking your hand and sitting down and throwing around basketball thoughts sometime. i hope you dont take my passionate billiken views personal. i can assure you that i just like to argue and i defend the billikens.

btw, for bigmac's benefit, this post does not consititute an effort to join the billikenboard welcoming comittee. it is my true feelings.

Roy - I'm a CPA, and I'll address your "pay" issue - to the extent it is pay for his profession, then all the expenses are deductible against the income - in other words, a wash for income tax purposes. I don't see anything sinister in picking up expenses for participants in this type endeavor. If you limited it to those who could pay their own way, it would really dilute the field for the national team.

unca, i understand paying for the players, i am talking about a "coach" for one of the two teams formed that is flown in special just for this game with no connection to any of the players on this year's team. however he is the father of one of the best incoming senior class point guards in all of the nation and there is no doubt of missouri's supposed desire that his son come to tigerland.