Billikens Supporters in Total Denial

Please correct me if I am wrong but Isn't cusworth the kid that went to an Ivy league school and Romar tried to get him to walk on at slu?? IF he is the same guy, then Husak is not who he should be compared with it should have been Hollins and Kern as SLU only had two scholarships that year.....then the Romar leaving debacle and Pulley and Edwin flunked out leaving Brad with an urgent need which he filled with Ike, drejaj, Bryant and JJ.

also it is not Ahearn vs clarke it is the need that sways who is recruited. IE a back up at the 3 spot, which graduates a senior (SLOAN) the following year or a 3rd 2 gaurd (behind Bryant and Drejaj/Fish) Fill the need first.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Morris play and he is a true point guard looking to distribute the ball. He had a couple of 20 point games this year. I was told that in these games they let him shoot and he scored. I believe he has a better outside shot than Pulley had but probably didn't score off the penetration like Pulley could (like Tulane game). Do you agree somewhat tseugnekillib since you've seen Morris play?

Jeffers dunk in the St. Bonny game was indeed one of the most incredible in Billiken history.

I think your facts on the Lousville dunk for LArry are a little off though. I'm almost positive Samaki Walker was well gone by then (he was s Sophomore the 1st year of CUSA and left after that year if I remember.) Louisville was actually a mediocre team that year and that was actually one of the Legends worst games of the season. I don't know who he threw the ball off of but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Samaki.

A strong arguement for Williams over Jeffers was Kent played 4 years compared to only 2 of Mo, and quite frankly Mo wasn't that great his junior year. Kent was a top scorer from his freshman year on.

Personally, I think the Bills should have signed Williams, Ahearn, and I think are blowing it with Shaw.

jeffers junior year was indeed overshadowed offensively by justin love, but let's not forget that jeffers was the designated defender that year and always guarded the opposition's best player. i am willing to bet (of course there is no way of knowing this) had justin not been here, jeffers could have been the man his junior year. no way i would have taken williams over jeffers.

In the pre-season games that I watched Morris play last September, he demonstrated very good ball handling skills, went full speed with both hands, and protected the ball will running the offense. Morris was a pass first, shoot later PG. He played defense the entire 94 feet and seemed to take pride in playing defense. Morris appears to be as quick or quicker than Pulley, although he is probably 10-15 pounds leaner than Pulley. Morris didn't take many shots, but he has to be the better shooter. I think we are pretty much in agreement on Morris.