Army leaving?

Seen this rumor that Army will be leaving C-USA.Any thoughts about this possibliity?Here`s another what if...Say the ACC wants to get to 12 for title game,and wants to boost it`s bball,say what if-East Carolina and Charlotte are asked(excellent geography wise)?I don`t see that happening,but times like these there are plenty of what ifs out there.

I think this fits with the idea that the heads of CUSA and BE have been talking, and I suspect if something is brewing, then CUSA would have to cut the non essential products out. I would not be surprise if schools were told there is something in the works and at the moment, I would look for your best position......

Apparently, alumni leaders at ECU did petition the North Carloina governor to back ECU's consideration for the ACC ala the Virginia governor and UVa and VaTech. The ploy was not well-accepted; some said the NC governor ignored it. So it was concluded that ECU to the ACC was not an option.

I don't know if Charlotte makes anything more than a good fit geographically. Remember, football is driving this and Charlotte (last I knew) does not play football. Even if they instituted it, they would be at a UAB or UConn level .... upstarts ... and not where they are adding any sort of prestige like Notre Dame, Syracuse or BC. While I wouldn't rate UofL football at those levels, it is much better than the lowlife a starter program is.

In my opinion, both are dead issues, for similar yet different reasons.

Basketbill is correct - something must be a foot with CUSA and BE. The question is who is driving and who is sitting in the back seat. Hopefully both conferences are working on this as equals. Army leaving makes perfect sense since they did not play very good basketball and obviously, any combination of the two conferences would require either you have a good football and good football or be a basketball only school to fit with the other non-football BE teams. Memphis might be OK but TCU, Houston, Tulane, UAB, and SMiss have troubles. SLU, DePaul, and Marquette hanging together is all three of their best bets. It also looks like the A10 is sticking together so Xavier and Dayton are probably not in the equation.