Board Welcoming Committee

Some of you guys need to lighten up and welcome new posters even if you do not agree with their opinions.

Maybe we could get a few more regular posters on here if the new ones weren't jumped on so hard for having a different opinion.

What do you guys think?

The following 4 are definitely not on the welcoming committee:

Billiken Roy

tseugnekillib

Basketbill

NashvilleBilliken

well if to be on a billikenboard welcoming committee i have to kiss the a$$ of blake ahearn's dad and tell him how much i wish his son was going to be a billiken instead of a sms bear, i dont want to ever be on a billikenboard welcoming committee.

now if he posts a few times and his opinions are on varying topics and some are positive instead of all rips, then i will be the first to cybershake his hand.

i personally visit oodles of web sites, sports chats and messageboards. i would never have the guts to make the "first impression" that mr ahearn did the last few days. kind of like going to a party and the guy walks in the door and starts telling everyone how f'd up the party is and how much he doesnt like the host or the location, i doubt many people would run over and give that new guy at the party a hug.

Billiken Roy unless you have access to information that we do not.... what makes you think I would be Blake's Dad. How do you know Nate L isn't his Dad. He thinks SLU should have offered!

I would think the Ahearn's have long since moved on.

The kid is signed to go to SMS for christsake..... why would they be on this board wasting their time. Its over for them! They would have nothing to gain by being here.

Who would they want to listen to disparaging remarks about their kid. I wouldn't

This is the attitude I am talking about. When some posters have different opinions.... the theory is... lets bash them and accuse them of being the Kids parent. Billiken Roy your comments must have some foundation. Please tell the board why you think Butter 33 is Mr. Ahearn. I hope its not just because he thinks SLU should have offered him a schollie. Tell me your thought process is deeper than that?

I don't have any problem reading posts with folks having differing view points. In fact while I don't agree a lot of times with both AJ and T & T, I do read their posts. In T & T's case I find many of his posts funny in a sarcastic sort of way. Our new Ahearn defender is certainly entitled to his opinion.

I think that our coaching staff should look to recruit the local kids first...all things being equal. I'm not sure that the debate came down to Clarke vs Ahearn decision. Only Coach Soderberg can really answer why he soured on Blake, and his job is on the line if he makes too many bad decisions. Only time will tell if he made the coreect decision.

i cant think of anyone other than the kid himself or his parent that would harbor a grudge as deeply as you have about this issue. you said it yourself, why? you are the only one keeping this thought alive the billiken fandom has obviously moved on and believes that coach brad has the better overall player. you though are continuing to hang on. like a jilted suitor (blake himself) or a p!ssed off father. that is the extent of my thought process mr ahearn.

i think it is ironic that someone that thinks kent williams is better than mo jeffers is questioning my logical thinking.

schasz, no one is questioning mr ahearn's right to post his thoughts, but with those posts should come the expectations of backlash. especially since he has not expressed any other thoughts that would lead any of us to believe he is any kind of a billiken fan.

I knew you had not a shread of evidence for you assertions. But if it makes you feel better to call me Mr. Ahearn by all means go right ahead.

Its comforting to know that you are now inferring that if it is not his dad it must be Blake himself.... nice work disparaginging a 18 year old's reputation.

Finally if I am wrong about Williams vs jeffers than I am wrong.

But just so I am clear I do have a right to my opinion, don't I?

you have a right and i encourage you or anyone else to voice their opinion, but with free speech comes the consequences of the critique and comebacks of the non-believers of what you are preaching.

Hey, I know I haven't been around very much lately but could you please add me to your list of non-welcoming posters? I think that I am the most sarcastic poster on the board and definitely offer the most biting comments to those who bash SLU. Hell, I am part of the reason the Trash Board was scrapped. You gotta give credit where credit is due my friend and I think that Butter 33 is just as stupid as the rest of those guys you listed.

Hell, I am part of the reason the Trash Board was

>scrapped. You gotta give credit where credit is due my

>friend

Hehe, he has got a point there. (he is correct about the Good Ol' Trashboard)

Steve

Welcoming committee? This is the most close minded, unfriendly college sports board I've stumbled across yet. You try to run off any "outsider" who doesn't kiss your rings and acknowledge your superiority. You yourself have invited me off in the past for daring to interject my opinion about MU (which was, is and always has been a frequent subject of conversation on this board). I started receiving emails from somebody last year telling me to go back to tigerboard.

Welcomming committee???? Just admit you don't want outsiders and move on.

I couldn't agree more MUTGR and that is why I started this thread...Sarcasm.

This board is not welcome to any new posters or any new viewpoints. I've been on here for a couple of years and I'm still given the cold shoulder.