Big East Standing Pat?

As B-roy pointed out above it is going to be very difficult to recruit top notch talent if we can't tell him what conference or what teams he'll be playing against in two years. If I had my choice between SLU and a Big 10 school seems to me the logical thing is to take the Big 10.

Plus, I just wish this thing would get settled so we don't have to deal with it for the next 2 years.

You are correct - the longer this drags on the more problematic it becomes for SLU. I did not like what was in the article. Woolard better be hustling his butt to make sure we are protected. If we end up worse off, he should be fired for not putting us in a good position. I guess for now, we will give him the benefit of the doubt but his past "feet of clay" actions worry me.

I don't like the fact that we are always on the outside looking in at this thing. If this comes to pass, we are in big, big trouble. Where would we go if we can't tag along with DePaul and MU? Also, I don't see what the allure of DePaul is over us? Granted it's Chicago, but their program is in worse shape than ours. Time for this to develop is a plus and a minus. Plus: UB restores the program to respectability. Minus: I can see rival coaches telling recruits, well you know SLU ain't in the picture. Look what's left if this all happens: Memphis (Calipari will leave), Charlotte, SLU, Tulane, Houston, TCU, UAB, etc. NOT MUCH TO CHEER ABOUT THERE. I'm beginning to tremble.

to a running joke on the Tigerboard where anybody posts something a day or two old people reply with the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. I believe you need to watch "Animal House" to see the quote in its best form.

plus if you remember, and steve forgive me if i embarass you on this one, when it first started being used on the tigerboard, steve bit off on it and tried to inform the tiger regs that indeed it wasnt the germans it was the japanese.

i just about have the movie animal house memorized. one of my fav's probably only exceeded in my eyes by blazing saddles.

Yep. My little contribution to the tiger folks. Someone mentioned the Pearl harbor thing earlier, then I mentioned in again in another post the same day. Therefore it got stuck with someone mentioning the same thing twice.

Just my little claim to fame in Tigerland (I was what? Like 14 or 15 then?). I remember A_Bomb telling me never to post there again like that unless I knew the situation. hehe. Lesson learned.

Steve

actually steve you probably did a service for many of the tiger alumni and student base. they probably didnt know the correct scenario.