If I run the ACC...

I invite Lousville to join immediately. That adds the 12th team (assuming VT and Miami join) and from a travel perspective it is not too inconvenient. It certainly doesn't hurt the conference in basketball and football is at worst equal to some of the current ACC bottom dwellers (Duke for example). That should be more attractive to Louisville than playing in weak sister football conference like the Big East and adds stbaility longer term. Bottom line, C-USA as it currently exists lives on borrowed time.

I suspect the plan would be to grow now with the votes they can muster, then change the bylaws as with the expansion so only 8 of the 11 schools are needed to expand again, vs the 7 of 9 schools needed today. I have never understood why Louisville was not a target in the first place.

I have always heard from Louisville people that they have some sort of disdain for the ACC, and the ACC has no love for them, similar to how Memphis and the SEC although they seem a good fit they hate each other.

Louisville is a good choice though. They have a legit football program, much better than what virginia, duke or NC have. And of course their basketball is top notch. I don't think Coach K would like to be in the same league with Pitino though.