REAL SPORTS

slu72

Was watching HBO's real sports last night to see the story about my boyhood hero, Ted Williams aka Teddy Popsicle, and they had an interesting segment on about an Italian BB school. John Thompson, the old GU coach, was being interviewed and bottom line is the foreign kids are developing into much better bb players because they are drilled so much in fundamentals. This vs our players who are more into the entertainment aspect of the game. Maybe UB, with his recruitment of IO and Zorba, is onto something here. I'm glad to see him making inroads overseas as I'm sure IO and Zorba have friends that play hoops as well. If they go home and report a favorable experience with SLU and America, who knows what kind of pipeline might open for us. As an aside, they had a segment on the number of ex or even current wrestlers that die before 45. Sad. But what was even sadder was the behavior of that jerk who runs the WWF. He slaps the paper out of the interviewer's hand and had to check himself for a second before he put the guy in a half nelson. I strongly encourage everyone to avoid watching wrestling as well as avoid reading Too Pac's posts. There just isn't anything real or funny about either one. Time to get off the soapbox. Hey Roy thanks for trying. Did Billikenrich have one?

BROY,no didn't get it. Thanks for the trip to the Bookstore. Did you actually see Billiken gear in black and gold? Kill the merchant that made that screw up.

Billiken Rich, very nice of you, much appreciated, I am in your debt, I owe you a six pack of beer of your choice, I'd give you my first born but she's 32 and married. I'll drive around Charleston with great pride.