2003 attendence figures

kshoe

As noted below .... Anita is Roy's wife and its my way of having fun with Roy over getting him to facetiously pay for the new facility. I think it was Joe Fluegel who called it the King Billiken Roy Dome so I also include that into the equation. The use of Roy's wife's name is somewhat bad on my part ..... its my reverse digust at how money or naming rights are out of hand. Duke won't sell the name of Cameron to anyone but they'll name the court. Of course, its "Coach K Court" which I don't have a problem with. But when you start seeing "Matt Morris toes the Humphrey's rubber on Schnucks mound ... he wheels and delivers the Rawlings ball to Mike Matheny at Lou Fusz home plate .... Barry Bonds swings his Frito Lay bat and the Rawlings is leaving Jewish Memorial Hospital Diamond and Budweiser Field here at Anhueser Busch Stadium ...." then I've got a slight problem.

Wow!!!! A little statistics crunching and I initiate tons of messages. Again, my bottom line is not justifying whether or not an arena is needed for the Billikens. All I'm trying to say is that, to me, an on-campus arena would the first step in elevating the program. I don't care if there's ever a concert booked or not. I think bonwich has his points and I'm not refuting them .. those are his opinions. They make sense but the Japanese thought bombing Pearl harbor made sense. At that pont in time, who knows, I wasn't there.

I said early on in my message that I was told you can prove anyhting you want with statistics. For those bashing me on that, that's okay. It stirred more discussion. I will say that I think the Shoe, with its 92.5% capactiy night in and night out, makes for a more intimidating environment than Savvis half empty all the time. Again, my opinion. I want th esmaller venue, on-campus, instillingfear into the visitors' hearts. Savvis, for all its shine and glitter, doesn't do that for me.

A guy near me has a huge sign in his yard ... "Get U.S. Out of the U.N." My sign reads "Get SLU Out of Savvis." Disagree if you want .. its your right.

i hate the shoemaker center. uncomfortable seats, rabid fans, only 2 bathrooms, horrible parking, a true pit. taj has a good point.

joe, on every occasion i have had to meet taj in person, i think his bombing attitude still stands.

I find it so boring being a legend in my own lifetime .....

Besides ... its not true (anymore). For you young'uns .... another thing that goes post-40 is your "intestinal fortitude" .... for example, I have found that what used to take hours in "recovery" now takes days .... my "bombing" runs have certainly been curtailed!

As for our meetings, broy, that is my omnipresent mental state .... a veritable poster boy for the "drinking and dead brain cells" issue. About the only thing I would change is hanging off Griesedieck's northwest tower with my pants around my ankles for Spring Fever. That was downright "stoopit."