College Notes....

1. Do not waste brain cells - Billiken.com posters over Tyler Hansbrough. Even if this kid used the most powerful telescope in the world, it wouldn't show our Billikens in the scope. Lisch is a different story, Coach Soderberg needs Too show that he can recruit not only the top player in the St. Louis area but also a top 30 player nationally. Will the recruitment of Shelton cause problems with the recruitment of Lisch?

2. Special "K" - "K"alen G's first visit will be Too "K"U. Coach Self has been on him from day one (somewhere around the 8th grade). This could be an early commitment.

3. Attendance Hogwash - The only thing that matters is the arrow direction. (How many times have you heard it from Triangle?). Are some of you saying that if our Billikens had a 10,000 seat arena that it would somehow make things look better? Hogwash! The real point is where we were before Coach Romar and Coach Soderberg, and where we are now. For those of you wishing for the "Catholic Conference" and a religious cleansing - we already play Marquette and Depaul and may lose Sinci, Memphis and the Cardinals as home games (of course the stupid new CUSA allignment may have already taken care of that). Where's the home draw in the "Religious Cleansing Conference"? It might be a novelty for a year and may mean a few more victories but it would not increase attendance over the long run.

4. Coach Q - Grow Up! Your not one of the college frat boys anymore. Your appearance on Sports Plus "sans socks" was a disgrace. You are one of the highest paid college coaches in the nation - act like you have been there before. On a better side, you can't beat Coach Q and Coach Irons getting Toogether - give and take - give and take.

5. Interesting Stat - Since 1995 (Kevin Garnett), the Sporting News says that high school players drafted inToo the NBA have a success percentage of 64.7% in contributing Too their teams' success in the 2002-2003 season. Graduating college seniors only had a 22.7% rating.

6. Too Beats Sense InToo NCAA - After constant lobbying by Triangle, Thank God the college presidents have come Too their senses and tabled the 3pt. and trapezoid lane rule changes for next year. The bad part of this is that they are still thinking about it for the 2004-05 season. College basketball fans may still have Too suffer from the debacle of watching this farce in chosen pre conference games this season - just a test Too show that these stupid ideas won't work. Chalk up a half victory for Triangle.

7. Marque vs TJ - Evidently TJ Ford has a chance of being the No. 4 pick in the NBA draft (Trangle scratches head). Put Marque on the Texas team and you have a little taller clone. Marque's passing abilities would have been much more prominent in his college career if he had someone Too pass Too (Marque knew this) - that is the only difference. Thanks again Coach Romar and his supporters. Lets all hope someone takes that chance on Marque, he is just as good as TJ.

8. Barbara "Between the HEADges" should be fired - More scandal in the UW football program - the football manager "Jesus" - what ever happened Too the ole institutional control. One of her staff sends out an email that says it is OK Too enter a basketball pool? she hires Ricky at a ridiculous salary and then realizes that she has Too kiss his butt? hires Coach Romar and he gets inToo immediate trouble? - what next???

9. Egypt or St. Louis??? The first confirmed case of the West Nile Virus has shown up in St. Louis Tooday in a dead crow. Triangle implores all Billiken.com posters Too remove all of those old tires that are strewn about your back yards and around your trailers that may hold stagnant water. This is prime breeding time for the mosquitoes that carry this deadly virus - take precautions - our Billikens can not afford Too lose any more fans.

so it goes.....

T & T,

Your point No. 9, you were on the wrong board on that one. It should be directed to the Goobers in Boone County, as they are the ones who would have the old tires in their yard...must have had a brain fart on that one Too!

Doesn't everyone find Too Pac's "College Notes" just so informative and entertaining. Also, helpful with his tip about the old tires. I'll bet you are all out there checking that pile of defective Firestones sitting in your backyard for mosquito infested water.

Is he talking about Polk? You got to admire his commitment to accuracy.

I don't even know why I opened it, but am glad I did....comic relief is always appreciated. Thanks Too Pac! By the way, when's you're next art gallery showing.

ok, i'll play. even if he meant to say polk, i still dont see the relavance. while kevin can and should play the point for the billikens some day, if you have seen him play, you would know he is a combo guard that can score with the best of them. i.e. polk is the one that would worry about time not kevin. polk is not even close to being as complete as kevin lisch by any means. so again, i dont see the relavance. if kevin is considering illinois, oklahoma and kansas, why would competition from dwayne polk or joel shelton concern him anymore than the existing and incoming guards at the likes of those programs as well. the whole thought is stupid.

Let me start by saying that Marque is my favorite Bill of all time ... but Marque is not a true point guard and does not even come close to seeing the floor or creating opportunities as well as TJ Ford. Marque is a 2 guard in a pt guards body. He needs a couple of years running the point ... and maybe he will develop into a top notch pg.

His attributes are his strength, his heart and his quickness. He certainly plays much stronger than TJ, it would be tough to say who is quicker and I don't believe there is a player anywhere with more toughness and heart.

I caught the middle of an interview with some one, but I'm not sure who he was I think his first name was Scott, on KFNS this morning around 8:20. He said Marque was invited to the NBA green room during draft day. I don't know what that means ... but he must at least be getting strong consideration.

scott warming is the early show at kfns co-host. he was interviewing chris monter (the best authority on the draft) and had discussed a few area players. chris had mentioned that brian cook from illinois was invited to the green room. right after that they discussed marque. so maybe that is how you got confused.

no way marque will be in the green room. the green room is where the expected 10-15 top picks sit out the draft and come up to the podium to shake stern's hand and then get interviewed. no way marque will be included in that group.

chris said this morning that marque is expecting to get an offer to come to a team free agent camp and probably play in one of the summer league's, but chris does not expect perry to get drafted.

personally, while from first look you would think that perry is not a "pure" point guard, i think that is more a matter of what the offense focus of his duties were the last two years than perry not being a point guard. i know this is hard to beleive, but straight up skill wise, i agree completely with triangle on his point of marque and ford being nearly equal. there games are almost identical and if asked to be a pure point guard ala trade places with ford, i would expect perry to match ford pretty much stroke for stroke. the difference between the two is that ford is at that level as a sophomore and perry is a senior. therefore there is a percieved greater potential for ford than perry.

remember terrance morris from maryland. as a sophomore he was a sure fire lottery pick. he does the noble thing though and stays in school. he does not regress a bit, however it is questioned whether he improves any over the next two years. senior draft day comes and he is no longer even close to a lottery pick. i.e. the difference between ford and perry. two years.

Thanks for clearing up what I thought I heard on KFNS this morning. I thought he must have been talking about someone else and I just missed it ..I joined in the middle.

I think you make a point regarding the difference of perception regarding sophmore's and seniors. However I disagree with your evaluation of their respective skill levels. A real true point guard just has a feel for the floor ... a vision that I do not think Marque possesses. He had the opportunity at Portsmouth to be a true point guard and from my understanding the evaluation of him was that he did a "good" job running his team. Nothing about an ability to create or any thing such as that. If you watch TJ play ... that is what he has the ability to make the players around him better. It did sound as though Marque's time in the gym helped his outside shot.

I also think another year would be better for TJ. I have some friends that are close to the UT program and that seems to be the thought there also. He needs to work on his perimiter game. If the defense can step back off of him ... he loses his advantage created by his quickness, and as we all know they will. I would not use a lottery pick on him.

What are peoples thoughts on the first pick in the draft ... If you had it who would you take.... Obviously needs play a major role ... but if you were starting a team and had to take your first player from this years draft who would it be. ... For me it would have to be Carmello Anthony over LeBron. I thought Carmello was far and away the best player in the NCAA Tourney. He has a very nice game inside and on the perimiter. He also seems to be a good kid.

depends what your perspective is. if i am cleveland, i take lebron no question. he is a built in sell out. as to which player is truly better and might turn out the best, tough question. i think both have points of contention. lebron probably has better ball handling skills, but anthony seems to be a better mid to inside player. i dont see where either will not succeed. they might be the best one two punch in a draft since magic and bird came out together.

funny thing is i kind of see their roles in the nba as similar to magic and bird. lebron as magic and carmello as bird. of course they have the score first mentality of today's player rather than the totally unselfish attitude of bird and magic that made them so refreshing, but skillwise, they are a lot alike.

we will have to agree to disagree on perry's point skills. all i know is i have seen marque make outstanding passes in his 4 year career that showed his court vision is top notch.

I'd take Lebron because he is really a 6'8 point guard - over the last 3 years he has averaged over 5 assists a game even though he averaged over 27 ppg.

http://216.109.117.135/search/cache?p=Lebr...bron/stats.html

That causes an instant matchup problem for the other team. If you guard Lebron with a point guard, he'll just shoot over the top of the defender. If you guard him with a bigger player that means one of Lebron's teammates has a mismatch and Lebron will get him the ball.