UB's enthusiasm

slu72

I read with interest last week's posts on Brad's radio gig. Now I know he's supposed to plug his players/recruits, but for some reason I BELIEVE UB. This is in contrast to 'Zo saying stuff like McClain's the best athlete if we could ever get him out of the hospital, or Edwin's NBA material if ever gets off Island time. So, when UB says IO is developing into a solid big man and Zorba is some kind of stud in the post, I begin quivering like a Mizzery fan that just put the $50 down payment on their first double wide. But I do wonder why he never mentions JJ? Anybody got a good read on this kid? Hell, he was recruited by a Big 12 school and comes from Hoopsville, Indiana, he's got to bring something to the table. Also, isn't it typical for our players to stay in the SL area over the summer and play in the Bonner League? Why no reports?

Couple of side notes/queries:

Taj, do you work for the GAO?

Roy, any news on the decal? I'm getting killed down here by the *****, Heels, and Blue Devils mob. Time to publicize SLU in Dixie land.

Do we have any shot at this Lisch kid? He sounds like a major player? Or will Daddy send him to ND? It's awfully difficult for a good Catholic kid to reject TD Jesus and the Golden Dome.

Does anyone else agree when all is said and done on the arena: Budweiser will come forward with the $$$$?

Brad has talked about JJ before and said that he has really put on some muscle and has been working hard. He probably did not say much about him when he was on KFNS last week because he focused more on the major changes - 1. IO moving outside and 2. the Greek recruit who none of us really know much about. You will remember that he did not say anything about Bryant either but he has said numerous times how he thinks the kid is going to a scorer.

slu72 said, "Taj, do you work for the GAO?"

taj works?

slu72 said, "Roy, any news on the decal? I'm getting killed down here by the *****, Heels, and Blue Devils mob. Time to publicize SLU in Dixie land."

just so happens my daughter is at the jilliken camp starting today. i will make a point of getting on campus early to pick her up to go look for billiken car decals. i need one for my newest ride as well.

slu72 said, "Do we have any shot at this Lisch kid? He sounds like a major player? Or will Daddy send him to ND? It's awfully difficult for a good Catholic kid to reject TD Jesus and the Golden Dome."

i personally dont think notre dame will be in the picture for kevin at all. first off, i am not sure how great rusty's notre dame memories are. remember, they took his starting job away and then forced him to redshirt so montana could be the starter for the 2 years notre dame had the stellar team after rusty was the starter for a year first. only after the national championship team was graduated was rusty returned to the starters job. second, notre dame did not recruit kevin's sister, stephanie, as was expected either.

it is my understanding at this time the schools in on kevin are slu, kansas, illinois and oklahoma.

slu72 said, "Does anyone else agree when all is said and done on the arena: Budweiser will come forward with the $$$$?"

the busch family has been good to slu in the past.

slu72, I'm not sure how many times your have seen McClain play or practice, but a 100% healthy McClain is/was our most athletic player. Not our best player, just our most athletic. Unfortunately, he is soft and injury prone, and will probably never be a factor.

Coach Soderberg stated our 18 year old Greek recruit,Ian Vouyoukas, had "excellent post moves, great hands, tremendous passing abilities and a passion for the game". Perhaps I missed it, but I have never heard coach refer to Ian as "some kind of stud." Hopefully, Ian will remain an amateur for four years and give us that quality big man we have been missing for years.

Like you, I find Coach Soderberg to be enthusiastic, yet realistic.

I've seen McClain play once, at Louisville almost 3 years ago. His Freshman year. He didn't play much, so how can I judge? I was just getting a little jab in on Zo, seeing as how I believe the best thing he ever recruited at SLU was UB. When UB takes us to the sweet 16, I'm swearing off ever knocking Lorenzo Romar ever again.

Roy, appreciate the leg work on the decal. Did we recruit K's sister at SLU? Is she coming here? I don't know about your thinking with K's dad having a grudge against ND. ND alumni/grads are pretty devoted to that place.

jill recruited stephanie hard. unfortunately the players did not make a good impression. to be honest the jilliken players treated her very badly apparently on her visit and thus she left for indiana state to play with an old aau teamate.

the lisch's loved jill though and love the slu campus from my understanding.