Conference Contest results

slu72

Since you all missed the point about the contest, i.e. whats the best package you can make out of the worst case scenario, here is what I conclude you all want (even though other schools may not play along):

Assume: UL, UC, Marquette jump to Big East

You want CUSA to dump following schools: ECU, TCU, Houston, S.Florida.

That leaves: SLU, Memphis, DePaul, Charlotte, UAB, Tulane, and So.Miss.

Then add these 3 teams to CUSA: XU, Dayton, and Creighton.

I would really like to see this scenarion play out. Of course, Memphis and So. Miss would have to find a football home. So say they leave and we add Butler and select from one of the below:

Detroit or Valpo.

The Board's perfect conference would be:

XU

Dayton

Creighton

SLU

DePaul

Charlotte

UAB

Tulane

Butler

Detroit/Valpo

That wouldn't be too bad.....

IF Cincy, or L'ville leave there will be no reason for the other football schools to stay with us, much less add schools to the conference that don't play bball. Mamphis and UAB will not stick around and watch their football programs flounder in some mid major conference. SLU will have to align themselves with bball schools or just go to a mid major conference. A fragemented CUSA will not work.

congratulations, you have just created a 2004 version of the old mid-western cities conference that the billikens were once a part of.