Strange NBA Draft Prospect Rankings

I came across some guy's rankings for the top 150 prospects for this year's NBA Draft, based on the por potential. Marque was not on the list, but amazingly there was a Billiken on the list. That Billiken was Chris Braun, and no I am not kidding about that. He was listed at 123rd. A few other players with local ties were also on the list as Uche Okafor, who signed with Mizzou but never got to play ther because he was declared ineligible for signing a pro contract, was 36th. Illinois' Brian Cook was 39th and SIU's Kent Williams was 149th.

Well, Missouri's Derek Grimm did have a cup of coffee in the NBA a few years back, so I guess there's some chance that Chris Braun could get a pre-season or summer league look -- he's a 6-10 player with a good perimeter jumpshot.

Would you please let us know where you got that from?

That would really be amazing if Chris Braun was invited to an NBA camp and Marque was not; however, who ever said NBA scouts knew what they were doing. Marque's poor outside shooting must certainly be hurting his stock as well as his size (a 5'11" penetrator in the NBA?).

as much as i would love for this to be good information, (two reasons, one for chris and billikens, and second selfishly for myself since 2 years ago i said that braun had nba potential and after that chris sure seemed to have regressed) i have to tell all of you about george rodecker. a few years back while i was serving as an assistant monitor at cbs sportsline chat room, we had george online with us as our "expert" during the draft. i have never chatted with a more uninformed and out of touch sportscaster in all my life. he was totally clueless as we would discuss the players as they were picked. one pick in particular that was an eye opening discussion was when the trail blazers picked eric barkley, the extremely athletic and talented point guard coming out early from st john's. while eric has not performed much in his stint in the nba, at the time, he was a well known college player. george didnt even know who he was.

now my question is how did he get chris' name period. he admittedly doesnt watch much college basketball and for some reason, i doubt chris is earning tryouts galore to get the scouts all worked up. this is totally weird. maybe chris has an agent in an effort to get latched up overseas and this agent has the contacts to get george to throw him a bone and put chris' name on this list.

Tim Kempton, Mark McNamara, Marc Ivaroni, Bryant Reeves, Danny Ferry, Jim McIlvane, Steve Stipanovich, Chuck Nevitt, Tom Burleson, Jim McMillan, Connie Dietrich, Kurt Rambis.

All big. All white. All NBA stiffs. Its not like Chris Braun would be setting a precedent or anything. You can't teach height and if all you're looking for is another six fouls to beat on Shaq with ... there you go.