Eric Bossi on Tommie Liddell

>Same deal as Matt Shaw. He's an inch too short or 10 lb

>too light, take your pick.

Which I think should be less of a deal breaker at 3 than at 4. If there ever was a question, Lankford showed that a 6'4" SF, if sufficiently athletic, can play successfully at the highest levels in D1.

3Star, I don't remember you so stating but I assume you would prefer for the Bills to take Humphrey than wait on Liddell? These may not be mutually exclusive choices, as you pointed out, with the potential that we take two 2-3 combo players and no big with the last 2 scholarships for 2004 class. My preference is to get an oral commitment from a solid wing player like Humphreys or maybe Luke Meyer (if we can get an oral from a player of that quality) and then hold the last scholarship for the first high quality player that commits ... such as Liddell or Grimes. If we signed Humphreys or Meyer, I think we could gamble to an extent by waiting with the scholarship into the spring if need be.

as a project. Soderberg has referred to him as skilled. "has the ability to be special. His mention of possibly red shirting I think may have been said to be defferential to Husak. ie you have a chance to beat him out..., but I think he knows who will win that battle.

Is a partial qualifier required to pay his own way during his first year? Is he still not allowed to practice with the team during the first year? Haven't the rules changed since the old prop 48 days?

After this season, we will be returning 4 big men (Frericks, Husak, JJ, and the Greek), plus Izik. Even with the loss of Sloan and Varner, we will have plenty of players in the front court.

We are, however, short at the wing. The only wing on the roster is McClain, and who knows if he will ever play at SLU. Coach has stated that he would like to add a few athletic wings to better compete with teams like Cincy and Louisville. For this reason, with the last two scholarships I would be happy to sign two wings and no front court players (unless Grimes is interested). Plus, we will be losing Fisher, who should play the wing a lot this season.

This is a tricky issue, but I tend to agree with SLUDrew. If we have legit shot at a difference-maker, we should be patient and wait. I'm confident that Soderberg's plan B options will be better than Spoon's and Romar's - Simmons, Barentine, Diener, Varner and Pulley - ugh!!!