IF you think Marquette is superior to SLU check this ou

TheA_Bomb

obviously there are "normal college kids" at SLU but man, go to Humphrey's or Laclede Street on a weekend night and you'll think you're at the Victoria's Secret fashion show. Of course, I'd imagine it's the same at MU bars (when I was there last you couldn't get in if you weren't wearing something Abercrombie but fashions have evolved since then to skimpier and more revealing. Why is it when I went to college the fashion for females was bulky sweatshirts????)

And so what if the kid on the MU website has long hair. I've got law classmates at SLU who look like that and I've seen plenty at Wash U that look similar with even longer hair, more earrings, etc. It's college fashion, we're not meant to understand if we're not on campus. My parents have this argument with my brother every time he comes home....

willie, i think tsuegnekillib would make a fabulous wal-mart greeter. :-)

of course the inside joke would be he actually is working for bill laurie!

Actually, Sommerville will probably be playing the 4 for Bradley this year. Bradley is returning their 1, 2 & 3 position players all seniors that have been starters(at least part-time) since freshman year. Robinson at the point and Gilbert & Gillingham at the 2 & 3 spots. I see Sommerville as their 4. Now maybe he won't be a traditional 4, Les wants Bradley to run a lot, but I would guess he will be defending the 4 on defense. I think I was correct in calling him a quality bigman in the MVC. I also don't think I was "gushing" all over him, I just included him in a list of 4-5 other players that are or will be new to the MVC.

I agree I don't think there will be a team this year as strong as Creighton from last year, but overall I think the bottom of the league will be much improved from last year. WSU has a chance to be a top 25 team, but they need a good start like Creighton had to get noticed. 3 Star, since you follow recruiting a lot more than I do, does it look like the MVC is doing better on recruiting? Don't know if you look at the MVC much, but just interested in what you think. Thanks.

i have no problem "gushing" over somerville. i have seen him play at swic. he is not a 4 though at all. that would be a huge mistake on bradley's part. if they have to do that, bradley is not going to make any noise.

Steve, I learned this after my first year of college. I lived in a coed dorm and yes it maybe nice to have girls around but you can't get away with anything because they all talk. For example you are hooking it up (HIU) with a hottie and don't plan to start dating her per say and maybe have your eye on some other female but the first one will do for the night. Well it will be all out in the morning when one of the girls on your floor sees her in your room especially if they are in a sorority. I personally had more fun living on an all guys floor in Griesedieck. WE led the school in floor fines that year it was alot of fun.