NBA draft

Found this at Chris Monter's NBA draft site.

http://collegebasketballnews.theinsiders.com/2/47068.html

I don't see Marque on the list. But was very suprised to read the first paragraph and see Mo's name there. Has anybody kept up with him lately? I wasn't aware he was playing ball anywhere...D-league?? Anyway, i guess somebody's interested in him. But I am dissappointed not seeing Key's name. Anybody hear if he got invited to the draft camp in Chicago....that starts tonight.

I have seen Marque twice in recent weeks, as of the first day after SLU graduation he had not been invited to the camp. The subject did not come up when I saw him at Humphreys the day of the Gypsy Caravan. But I do not think he got invited. He does have an agent.

Mo Jeffers finally received his degree in May from SLU. He has been playing in Europe - Switzerland was his last stop. He fired his agent recently and just signed with a new agent, so maybe his new agent is doing his job and will get Mo a "look see" in Chicago. I hope so, he is a great kid. Don't forget, when he initially got drafted(wasn't it Sacramento?) - he had a wrist injury and was never 100% in the workouts. He's healthy now and has had some good seasons in Europe. He mentioned he would probably be going back to Europe - I think he said Poland was a possibility -if he didn't stick with an NBA team.

jeffers actually broke his wrist and missed the entire summer camp season which is vital to the chances of a second round pick or a free agent to have a chance to make an nba roster. he virtually had no chance once he suffered that injury.

it is great to hear mo graduated. for aj, fyi, maurice's graduation is an example of one that DOES NOT count in the graduation rate numbers that you so graciously quoted to us before. mo did not get that degree in the ncaa required time period. so when maurice's class is included in the future numbers, it assumes that mo never graduated. the fact is, he did. as did many other slu former players that apparently are not included in those numbers. slu sticks by these players to help them complete their degree eventually, whereas the oklahoma's of the world just say "see ya". somehow that should be considered in the numbers.

as to perry, i agree he needs to enroll in a foreign language class.

is great to hear. You have to draw the line somewhere and I think six years is a reasonable standard. I think SLU's numbers will improve considerably under Brad. But until it happens, we can't brag about SLU in that area yet.