Big East Saved As Congress Weighs In

Taj79

Article on ESPN .....

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/news/2003/0528/1560261.html

Seems that the senators from West Virginia, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Virginia have all weighed in and sent a letter to Miami, Syracuse and BC telling them not to go to the ACC because it will destroy the ideals and values instilled by the Big East as a conference into its student athletes. Money, baby. Money.

Again, another hypocritical voice of reason has joined the fray. I doubt these are the same guys who advised LeBron on Nike over addidas.

senators giving advice and guideance on sports.........as in senator "sammy sooser and mike mcguire" kennedy? give me a break. they need to worry about how to work with president bush to fix the economy and let college basketball take care of itself.

Yeah its about money.

The most obvious hypocrisy is that the Big East is a conference made up of pilfered teams. Va Tech, Rutgers, and West Virginia were seduced from the A-10 a short time ago. And before that Pitt and Villanova were in the A-10.

The Connecticutt politicians have to be worried because they help build a new stadium with taxpayer money to bring UConn to I-A football.