News of this and that....

I hear Grimes has Narrowd his list to three Mizzou Illinois and KU. I also heard he is leaning toward KU or Illinois.

Drove by the site of the new arena, and it is directly across the street from a slu parking garage, on lindell at compton. a Nice Location.

There apparently will be a meeting updating all involved with the arena, and "at that point they should be short a Large donor" I wonder if that means the namng rights will then be up to bids?? At any rate with the powers that be still want to put the first spade in the ground this coming January.

Soderberg's Father?/Son camo was wonderful!! All the coaches were there either as coaches or as participants with their sons, IO, Josh, Justin Johnson, Reggie Bryant, were all there. Next year I would reccommend it along with a healthy does of Motrin....

I also drove by the proposed arena site today. Once the warehouses and run-down shops are torn down, that site will be fabulous.

When you say SLU is "short a large donor" does that mean that (a) SLU has a big donor lined up and is expecting to finalize the donation or (B) the deal is on hold unless they locate a big donor? In other words, is this good news or bad news for the project?

i promise, if i am the sole winner of BOTH the powerball and mega millions grand prizes this week, i will pay the rest of the needed funds and your statement can come true. how is that for going out on the line!

p.s. i guess i better go buy tickets.

imo, young mr grimes various interviews are starting to remind me of jamal sampson's a couple of years ago. everyone you read seems to change the focus a little.

anyone read the charlie villaneava (sp?) stuff today at espn? this kid is sure full of himself. apparently now says he will go to uconn IF he doesnt go to the nba. however right now he is working out at mark mccormick's imf school in florida. yeah, who is paying for that? that is the sports school in florida that costs mega bucks to attend. and oh yes, mccormick is one of the original sports agent guys that screwed up the sports world btw. wouldnt that association alone perk up the ncaa's ears?

personally, i dont think charlie ever plays college ball, but if he does, something or someone should check it out.