Notre Dame may not be interested in Catholic Conference

http://www.southbendtribune.com/stories/20...1-NotreDame.sto Okay,if they don`t want to be a part,their choice so I say - West-Marquette,DePaul,Xavier,Dayton,SLU,and Charlotte. East-St.John`s.Seton Hall,Providence,Villanova,Georgetown,and St.Joseph`s.

I would be surprised if both Villanova and St. Joe's would be in the same conference. If ND isn't included in a new conference I would think that Charlotte could be moved to the East division and Creighton take ND's place and be put in the West division.

I have read several times over the last year that Creighton's President wants to get out of the Valley. Don't know if it is true but I wouldn't be surprised.

Just my thoughts.

The Big XII has north and south divisions yet works very well. The standings may not be divided, but the schedule is. Mizzou, Kansas, Iowa State, Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas State play a double round-robin and play one game against each of the other teams: Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. They have only been the premier league in the country for the past two years.