Recruiting Rankings (For What It's Worth)

plus this is from clark francis who has zero respect for the billikens. remember last week when discussing vince humphrey considering the billikens, clark said vince can do better than the likes of st louis.

Thanks for the list, but as you seen that list is very misleading. The only reason we are above schools like Notre Dame and Duke is because of the sheer number of recruits we have coming in. That's why I don't like the way hoopmasters does its list. Its more about quantity than quality.

I am not complaining about our recruiting class. In fact I am excited about seeing these new guys play, but talent wise, this class really isn't that strong.

I've seen Darren Clarke and he is a player. Can't say how talented the other guys are because I haven't seen them play but Brad brought in some unknown guys from Israel and New Jersey last year who did OK.

Vouyoukas is in intriguing player to me because he has excellent post moves and great hands according to Brad and good enough to make his country's junior national team. I realize that Vouyoukas needs to get acclimated to the more physical American game but when was the last time we had a skilled 6'10 post player? Kenny Brown and Chris Heinrich weren't skilled in the post. Braun and Izik are more comfortable playing on the perimeter.

sludrew said, "I am not complaining about our recruiting class. In fact I am excited about seeing these new guys play, but talent wise, this class really isn't that strong.

of course we havent seen the new players play yet, but based on what we have read and heard, i only expect morris and fericks to contribute much of anything next year.

perkins, did indeed declare for the draft, but it is my understanding that he did not hire an agent, thus he could go back yet.

i was looking at the list of declarations yesterday and i found that jamos clay, the center at cahokia high school this year has declared. quite amusing as jamos, while a nice high school player, is only about 6'3" tall and weighs around 230 lbs. he didnt exhibit any guard skills whatsoever in the games that i saw cahokia play last year. i question whether he could make the mckendree college team let alone the the philadelphia 76ers. who gives these kids advice?

btw, there were probably at least 40 names on the list i had never heard of in my life. weird stuff.

i believe they have changed that rule thicks. but the high schooler would have to pay back any expense money given to him in the way of paid workouts, overnight stays, etc. plus, if he plays in any of the camp games (i.e. portsmouth or chicago) he would face suspensions time to coincide with the number of games played. at least that is the way i remember it.