Matt Shaw

http://theinsidershoops.theinsiders.com/2/111649.html

Valley Schools Chase Shaw Hard

By Dave Telep

Date: May 20, 2003

Centralia forward Matt Shaw is one of those guys who can play multiple positions. Right now, he’s also a guy who is hearing from schools at multiple levels.

You could probably fairly categorize Matt Shaw as a throwback. He plays the game with intensity and purpose. He plays hard, smart and gets things done. He’s multipositional. And, he’s a great student.

The Centralia forward has over a 3.5 GPA and posted a 24 on the ACT. He’s a popular recruit, especially in the Missouri Valley.

Shaw indicated that most of the MVC schools are all over him. Creighton, Southern Illinois and Southwest Missouri State are chasing him hard. St. Louis, Virginia, Mississippi and Nebraska have inquired.

“I haven’t even really narrowed it down,†Shaw said. “I haven’t thought about it that much. Probably at the end of the summer I’ll start narrowing it down and take some visits and go from there.â€

Shaw indicated that he’s being recruited as a combo forward.

“I’d like to go as high as I can. But, I won’t be disappointed if I don’t sign with an elite school. I’d rather get some playing time and experience as a freshman than sitting at a big school.â€

He’s already taken an unofficial visit to St. Louis.