A View From Charlotte

I like this, only because I was getting worried about getting stuck in the Valley or Horizon.

I am starting to wonder how this is all going to go down though. If things shake out like this article suggests, then Charlotte would be the only non-Catholic school in the league. Would they really want that? I would bet that they would push for other "non-football" state schools to join the league before they got on board. I could see a UMass or some other type school figuring in to this equation before its all said and done.

Which leads us right back to our problem with C-USA; a lack of identification. What I'm saying is, if we were to be a part of an "all-Catholic" league we would have an identification. Or if we were to be part of a conference of non-football schools in the midwest, we would have an identification. What ties are there between Charlotte NC, Amherst Massachusetts,, and St. Louis? There aren't any. This league would make no sense either philosophically or geographically, and that hurst rivalries which hurts attendance.

one thing that this article reminds me of is the fact that woolard and st louis university actually chair the meetings for conference usa. now think about that. if the rest of the league has so little respect for slu that they would plan to throw slu out, then why is it that woolard is the chairman of all the athletic directors? to oust slu from c-usa would be a mutiny of historical porportions. our worst case scenario imo is staying in c-usa.

The proposed "Catholic Conference" has damned little to do with religion. How would it hurt our identity to add Charlotte? They have a terrific program with the class not to dabble in the darker side of college recruiting. I see charlotte as a pretty good fit unless we had to choose between them and Notre Dame or some other powerhouse. I'd rather play Charlotte twice a year than an RPI killer like Loyola (Chicago)

geez, i must be getting old. cant read the difference between woolard and woodward.