Saw this on the PD site. Looks like Ian got an invite to work out with the Raptors and is an alternate for one of the pre-draft camps. As much as I want him back, i hope he's able to get to the camp and play a little. I really don't think he'll get drafted, so playing against top competition can really help Ian and the Billikens.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...33?OpenDocument

Raptors want Vouyoukas to come in for workout

So far, SLU center Ian Vouyoukas, who has entered his name into the NBA draft, has been contacted about working out by one team, Toronto, and is an alternate for the NBA's predraft camp in Orlando. NBA teams couldn't contact Vouyoukas until last week. ... SLU assistant coach Jason Grunkemeyer and guard Kevin Lisch will go to France in August as part of an Athletes in Action tour. The team will play against French professional teams. Trent Meacham of Illinois will also be on the squad.

He won't get drafted this year. My thought is that he'll be back with the knowledge that even if he doesn't get to the NBA after his senior season, the money from Greek ball will always be there.

Are those teams interested in Ian Vouyoukas enough to advise him to remain in the draft and to give him their word that they'll take him in the first round if he's available, even if someone they didn't think they'd have a chance to draft slips to them?

It would really be bad for Vouyoukas if he stays in and the teams who showed a bit of interest in him opt for someone else and he slips to the second round. If you're out of collegiate eligibility, you'll take being picked in the second round, but not if you can go back to school and get "paid" (free education) to improve your position.

He could definitely be a first rounder if he shows the same degree of improvement as last season. There are lots of teams interested in him now, but they're interested in a lot of other players, too. Come back to SLU, Vouk- it'll be the best decision in the long run.

How do you know it is the best decision. The NBA is about potential another year if he does not improve will only hurt him. Plus an injury and you might kiss any money goodby. I would be surprised if he comes back unfortunetly.

I question the validity of any list that would say Seattle would consider drafting another project center. They aleady have two 7-footers in Johan Petro and Robert Swift that are 20 years old. Their vertern inside guys are Chris Wilcox, Mikki Moore and Nick Collison. They don't need to get younger in the front court.

Perhaps they're just saying he's the 53 best player in the draft...

Injuries are always a risk, but I don't understand the possible threat of a long-term injury as a reason to stay early. Couldn't that also be a reason to stay in school and get that business degree? Like I said, the Greek basketball money isn't going anywhere. Hold out for a better draft position next year.