Chicago PF has offer from SLU

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They play on the Eagles together, you can probably convince them to play for SLU together. Offering one and not the other will only breed jealously. Offer the lesser guy, before the better play definitely sends the wrong message. No guy wants to feel like the second choice, especially the better player. Plus they play different positions. Brandenburg is an interior guy. Thompson scores from perimeter off of mid range jumpers.

> Just wanted some one else besides me to say it. I just

>don't get the thought that we offer every kid that is good,

>even if we know they aren't coming.

>

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H.

>Waldman

If you cant understand the logic of offering every high-major kid in your area, you have a problem, particularly between the ears. He's blessed to have this much high-major talent in his backyard, and yes he should beg these kids to come. Legally, do whatever you can to get the kids to come. If you beg and plead and do whatever you can, no one can blame him, but if he doesn't, yes, he is to blame. You have to try and change his mind. YOU HAVE TO OFFER.

Now that is funny ... Vtime telling someone they have a problem with what is between their ears. Seriously ... that is funny coming from you.

You look ###### up on the web and then talk to other people who like you have no clue and then act like you know it all.

It's funny, It is really, really funny.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

> Now that is funny ... Vtime telling someone they have a

>problem with what is between their ears. Seriously ... that

>is funny coming from you.

>

> You look ###### up on the web and then talk to other people

>who like you have no clue and then act like you know it all.

>

> It's funny, It is really, really funny.

>

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H.

>Waldman

Untrue and profane. You have a lot of class.

Skip - you are too smart to make a mistake regarding Spoon and Grawer so I will help you out. Spoon went to the NCAA tourney twice with Claggett and Highmark all the other recruits were his. Waldman, Robinson, Dobbs, Harris, Hughes. Not to say that Spoon did not benefit from Clags and Scott but to say he went only because of those two Grawer recruits is not accurate.

You think he doesn't know that Brandenburg is the top recruit? Kids aren't clueless. You offer both, if Brandenburg shows little interest, say you have a schollie if you want ever want it and move on. That's it. Then, go after Thompson hard, hopefully you get him. If Brandenburg wants to come later, great for the program. If not, what have you lost? And if Thompson holds it against you that you offered Brandenburg, tough break, because you can't not offer scholarships to the best guys IN YOUR CITY because you're afraid you might offend someone else. If you don't shoot for guys like Brandenburg (and land them with some consistency) settle in for another 20 years just like the last twenty. I'm not willing to settle for that.

We can disagree until the end of time. I think it is stupid to offer a guy that you don't think you have any chance of getting. And it seems that Brad agrees. As bad of a recruiter as some of you seem to think he is ... he is better at it than anyone posting on this board. I wonder why SEMO didn't offer Tyler Hansborough ... or maybe UMSL. You think they should have?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

>I wonder why SEMO didn't offer Tyler Hansborough ... or maybe UMSL. >You think they should have?

This quote is a prime example of our disagreement. I don't see what they have to lose by offering Hansbrough. I'm not saying they have to spend 1000 hours working him over, but what harm is there in letting him know a schollie is his if he wants it? I think it is totally implausible that any of the kids that did commit to SEMO or UMSL wouldn't have done so if they found out Hansbrough had an offer.

And I'm sure UB is a better recruiter than me being that it's his job and all. However, he hasn't even come close to landing a recruit as coveted as Brandenburg. Until he does so, he is nowhere near above reproach in my book.