Jamall Walker

and I quote: (from www.slubillikens.com)::

"Jamall also opens up new and important recruiting areas for us because of his familiarity with the Kansas City area, his junior college experience at Redlands and his Midwestern ties from Ball State."

Does that quote have any significance? Peoria is closer to St. Louis than KC is to St. Louis and Soderberg wants to stay local??? I'm not saying there is more talent in Peoria than in KC...I'm sure KC has us beat in that department, but can you tell me the last time we've brought someone in from KC??? I know the Rockhurst pipeline serves our baseball and soccer teams well, but when was the last time a prep standout at Rock State or Aquinas was even interested in playing basketball for SLU???

Are we heading west with our recruiting?? Or does it stop at St. Charles West, home of the Soderberg's??? I'm confused here...where is our focus on the recruiting trail?

For 2007 we are recruiting George Goode from KC area a 6'8" 190 sf type player(he has around 18 schools on list rivals list) and Wendall Faines from Lincoln, NE 6'8" 235 pf type. I would guess that these two are in Walker's territory now.

Glad we finally got confirmation on the hire. I really like it. A SLU guy who's put in some hard work for several years. And i'm sure he's still known in the area.

As to your question...i don't think anybody on here has any spcific details on Brads recruiting strategy. Brad stated he wants to FOCUS on the STL area. He is doing that. But it sure as hell can't hurt to have recruiting ties in other areas. Maybe Jamall will open a pipeline to KC. Can't hurt. Now, if that was his sole reason for hiring Jamall, we might have a valid question. I think he was just stating some of the highlights of the hire.

I would love to steal recruits from the non-St. Louis area parts of the state from Mizzou. Metz, we already have the Illinois pipeline with Angres Thorpe. We need our recruiting arms stretched in multiple directions.

Local as in his focus is on St. Louis, but we also have strong sights on the best regional talent. We don't have the blinders on, and the bastion of talent that is Peoria has not gone unnoticed.