Clemons to go national

slu72

RC is interviewed today on fox sports radio by James Brown, NFL pre game host. It's summarized on PD web page. He's sticking to his story(s). didn't choke Bunge, Paulding and Johnson got cash, and why's everybody always picking on me? At least there were no new allegations. I was expecting him to reveal something like he Ms.Floyd and the asst' AD's wife shared a hot tub experience at the now infamous 4th of July celebration.

and it was interesting....my brief take from the interview is that:

1. Ricky is a saint and has never done anything wrong in his life.

2. Jessica was on drugs and he was trying to get her off them. He felt sad for her.

3. Who can blame Ricky for taking cash, everyone else does.

4. He didn't do anything and was told to plead guilty.

5. The media is at fault

Its a weird, weird tale. I dont think he has any credibility, but who in the situation does besides Mike Alden?

I listened to most of the show and felt Ricky came across as fairly creditable. He did lose it when he talked about Bunge. James Brown stated that he felt and knew that many college basketball players were being paid. I actually thought Rickey did a pretty good job. One interesting thing is he said family was paying for his tuition.

How does Alden get off scott free - he is in charge of the whole AD program. In my business if departments I am responsible for are out of control and my assistant is stirring the pot I will be the first to go with others surely to follow. Alden can not say I did not know that any of this was happening because that really makes him look stupid. I think while he is mentioned less often than the others he can not just expect to skate because he stuck his head in the sand.

it sounds like alden though did stick his neck out and made some decisions that quin and floyd did not want to do. i.e. when issues came to light, alden did the right thing. that said, was it a matter he finally decided he needed to try to cha or else and in fact was in on the shenanigans up to that point. what i am expecting is for it all to come caving down and a mass finger pointing episode to explode. it would be the fitting ending.

this morning, i dont remember if it was tiger tim or frank, but they talked about clark francis yesterday at the shootout during discussions about the whole affair comparing pretty q to bill clinton. he said that most of the industry feel quin is too smart and slick to take the fall. he will come through unscathed. sadly, i tend to agree.

No way should Alden come out of this with his job if sanctions are implemented. In the Army we call it "command climate" that is set by those in charge. The climate in the SPUMAC AD was not ethical during his tenure. If Alden had directions that weren't followed then he being the one in charge is responsible for enforcing rules. If I say (for example), "hey Private this place is a mess the Colonel is coming by later clean it up." If it isn't clean I am responsible. The Private will be punished for the transgression and you can beat it would only happen once if not then they are gone.

Very little more need to be said about this situation other than to go to the "bottom line"!

It is naive to believe that nothing happened at MU in the Clemmons situation.

It is naive to believe that top players in programs like MU do not get a few friendly "donations" from boosters.

The only reason this is still alive is because the "vow of silence" taken by all players who are paid was dented somewhat by the taped calls with the wives of MU administrators.

No one in the NCAA is truly willing to do anything to clean up the sport or stop the payments. The "bottom line" is the all important focus. The only time they do anything is when they have to deal with direct sworn testimony like in the Chris Webber situation or in the Tony Cole situation.

The NCAA will hammer those it does not like--see Jerry Tark and Jim Harrick.

The NCAA will protect all others in order that their gravy train not be derailed.

Ultimately, the entire situation at Missouri will be swept under the rug--by the school and the NCAA!! Then all the MU faithful will say that the program was "vindicated"!

i could have sworn that tiger tim, frank and the hayes guy that were on kfns discussed ricky being currently enrolled. one of the 3 thought the aunt that is a judge was paying the tuition if i remember correctly. but they indicated he indeed is enrolled and attending classes at spumac.

Unfortnately, I think you might be correct. The bad news is that seldom can those who bend the rules to the breaking part continue to get away with it for very long. The reason I say that is bad news is that the program will end up paying a heavier fine later if it continues. I did talk to a rabid MU fan yesterday about the situation and he at least was scratching his head on why would MU put themselves in a situation with Pulley after then just went through all this stuff about questionable grades with Clemmons. He seemed not only puzzled but a bit disgusted.

He doesn't show up on mizzou's directory. I know that's not proof at all that he no longer attends, but all the mention of Ricky Clemons at MU has said that no one really knows where he is. I'm not sure where, but Floyd has at some point claimed to not know where he is right now either. I'll attempt to look it up.

if he is no longer in columbia or at the very least missing, isnt that a parole violation? i wonder why the good enforcement folks there arent worried about finding him? maybe they want him to be "lost"?

i dont know. i have never been on probation. i guess you have more knowledge about such matters so i will defer to you on that.

no you seemed to be representing your self as a probation expert. i had always heard that probation meant that one was anchored to a locality for that time period. you said not necessarily. since i have never been on probation for anything, i deferred to you as you inferred you had expertise in the area.