Official NCAA RPI

SluSignGuy

We get to play X right after they play GW at home. I'll be hoping for another X OT win. That is what I wanted for X v. Cincy and it happened and we did well so I'll go with that again.

First, good for GW Steve...I have no problem with them getting a little love. How's that strength of schedule? Even Louisville somehow received 6 votes this week.

As for RPI...wish it would get tweaked a bit more. If you win on the road against a bad team, it is worth more than beating a very good team at home. Meaning...a SLU home win over Xavier, ...or if they had beaten Gonzaga...etc...would have been worth LESS than a road win at a bad conference opponent. It GREATLY helps mid-majors....and helps SLU and A-10 teams as well., because it is easier to win on road if you are decent club.

Right now we are tied for 3rd in the conference. At this point I don't see us winning the conference, but a loss by X and we are in 2nd, abeit tied with a bunch of teams. I think our only hope of a NCAA bid is to win the conference tourney, so the better seed we get the better our chance. I think with a 2 or 3 seed we have a reasonable chance to win the tournament. There is not a team in conference that we can't beat.

The NCAA listed the Family Arena games as home for Saint Louis(which I think is correct). So, SLU's RPI was a bit lower than it should have been if you were using Pomeroy. I have sent Ken Pomeroy an email about SLU so he may change it.

However, "unofficial" RPI people like Pomeroy have noted many likely mistakes with "home/away/neutral" game designation. The NCAA does seem to have done a sloppy job--this is why public evaluation of data is important.

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/more_rpi_fun/