2007 recruiting, a lot bigs in the area.

VTIME

Leon Powell 6’7 PF Vashon

Josh Harrellson 6'8 PF/C St. Charles

Adam Keil 6'7 PF St. Dominic

Mike Baker 6'7 PF Whitfield

Tyler Kiel 6'6 PF Lindbergh

Jake Alexander 6'6 SF?F Herculaneum

Lucas O'Rear 6'7 PF Nashville

Jeremy Felton 6'6 Belleville East

3 of these 7 guys would DEFINITELY be impact players at SLU. Harrellson, Powell, and O'Rear. Harrellson is steamrolling the area right now leading his team to 12-0 start and averaging 20pts and 8 rebounds. We all know about Powell and O'Rear,they just keep getting better each year. Any of those 3 could start as a freshman for SLU, especially Harrellson who is a load at 6'8 265 and actually has the height and weight to be a college center right now.

We dont have to have a center in 2007. Besides Elton Brand and Sean May won championships in college as 6'8 centers. We dont have to have a center period. We can thrive with two good pf's inside like a LOT of good teams do in college basketball. I'm NOT comparing anyone we have or are recruiting to May or Brand though. I'm just saying you dont need a ton of size to win a national title. The top 4 guys on my list, Harrellson, Powell, and O'Rear guys who will be impact players on a team like SLU. Harrellson is quickly putting himself mix as one of the top big men in the area along with Powell and Griffey and an emerging prospect in Brandenburg.

>Leon Powell 6’7 PF Vashon

>

>Josh Harrellson 6'8 PF/C St. Charles

>

>Adam Keil 6'7 PF St. Dominic

>

>Mike Baker 6'7 PF Whitfield

>

>Tyler Kiel 6'6 PF Lindbergh

>

>Jake Alexander 6'6 SF?F Herculaneum

>

>Lucas O'Rear 6'7 PF Nashville

>

>Jeremy Felton 6'6 Belleville East

>

>3 of these 7 guys would DEFINITELY be impact players at SLU.

Welcome back, VTIME. You must be off your medication or something.

If you're lucky, one of those kids would be an impact player at SLU. Most of those kids wouldn't be impact players at SLUH — St. Louis University HIGH.

I would guess that three of those kids will play Division I basketball somewhere (Powell, Harrellson and O'Rear), while the others are possibilities but no where close to sure things.

As for the O'Rear talk, I overheard a D-1 basketball coach saying that O'Rear probably won't be an effective player in the Missouri Valley Conference because he can't score over bigger people. At 6-6, he'll only face bigger people in college.

Wow. What a list.

>I watched Harrellson play 4 games this past week

>and he is a real stud. Also, with very soft

>hands and good instincts around the basket.

I know Earl Austin Jr. likes Harrellson as a prospect.

He's definitely a player to watch. From what I've heard, he hasn't played much organized basketball. So if that's the case, he should continue to get better the more he plays. If he is still growing, he'd be a nice project for someone.

I believe Mo. Valley Conference schools are looking at him now.

- Nate

... appreciate the list, but you CANNOT ever, without a doubt, unequivocally say "so-and-so will DEFNITELY do such-and-such" and be an impact player anywhere.

And I don't think its confined to you .... I've seen guys listed all over the place, most recently Jihad Muhammed at UC, that were #1 or #2 or whatever in their respective ranks. I would offer that whatever it is comes true maybe 50 percent of the time. That is a pretty piss-poor percentage for "can't miss" prospects from so called "respected" ranking services. They are much more credible than you ... although that's not really saying much on their behalf.

What I'm hoping for is for your boy, Leon, the one you used as your sign-in profile name, to come to SLU just so we can put this all over the speculation phase and into the reality phase. Otherwise, you can name guys like Donder Blitzfik at Iron Knob High and who could argue otherwise.

and i will ask only about harrelson, who from what i have heard started playing the 8th grade, 4 yrs ago

the point was every player in d1 is quicker than hs

i will contend they are taller, as a guideline, as well

in st charles county basketball, of which i have seen a bit, how many times has josh harrleson played against someone his own size or bigger and what happened in those games?

this is by no means a slam on the kid, he is very, very good right now as a hs player

where could he go from here?? i don't know

Come see him when he plays against the top freshman in the area Tyler Griffey on January 28th at Lafayette. The other freshman SLU should be looking at is Bryant Allen. Gateway Basketball Club and the Eagles were fighting for his services last spring as an 8th grader. He's currently averaging 15pts 8 rebs, 5 asts, 4stls, and over 1 block per game.

or maybe he is a good candidate for the inside player project that coach soderberg wanted to get and redshirt.

from the sounds of it, he isnt the guy that will come in and start and be an impact player which is what coach soderberg wanted with the main pf scholarship to give.

Allen is already on SLU's radar. He has already been to a Billiken game. His coach is former Billiken Corey Frazier. Harrellson from St. charles is also on the list as well. He seems to have some nice tools for a player his size. He is quite a load in the paint. we could use a little more beef in the program, especially if he can play and that appears to be the case here.

bad boyz for life

>Come see him when he plays against the top freshman in the

>area Tyler Griffey on January 28th at Lafayette. The other

>freshman SLU should be looking at is Bryant Allen. Gateway

>Basketball Club and the Eagles were fighting for his

>services last spring as an 8th grader. He's currently

>averaging 15pts 8 rebs, 5 asts, 4stls, and over 1 block per

>game.

Bryant is a nice player, but to say that Gateway and the Eagles were fighting for his services is a flat out lie. That is all I have to say about that. His high school coaches are Corey Frazier, John Redden, and Matt Baniak so I wouldn't worry too much about him getting a proper SLU influence.

Kenny Harris did tell me that they were going to be on ESPN and that was one of the things that was used to recruit him to Vashon.

Since I was on both of the coaching staffs of the Gateway 15's and the Eagles 15's I should know what players were wanted on both squads last year. So until you can give me some proof that Gateway and the Eagles were fighting over him you need to shut up and come up with new ways to convince someone you know something about the players in the area.

if this allen is the real deal and DOESNT become a billiken with three ex bills as his coaches, then that would be disappointing.

with redden and fraizer teaching him, i would expect this kid to become a bulldog defensive player as well!!

>OJ stay on mosports.com. You are the same genius that said

>that Kenny Harris told you Vashon was going to be on ESPN

>this year. The only thing I've ever seen you be right about

>was Harris transferring to Vashon.

VTIME,

You're calling out someone else for passing along inaccurate info?

You're a joke. You've been trying to pass along your own opinions as facts since you've been on these message boards, and now you're trying to call out someone else by accusing him of doing the same.

I know who OJ is and he knows a lot more than you'll ever know.