SLU made an offer

Orange Julius

Last week Saint Louis University offered a scholarship to 6'6" 2008 point guard Scott Suggs. Suggs plays basketball at Washington HS. SLU is on their way I think if they can get an early verbal out of Suggs the rest of the talent in the area would follow and the 2008 and 2009 talent is deep and varied. They need to go ahead and offer John Brandenburg and at least one of the other '08 wings too. But congratulations goes out to Scott Suggs he has worked hard and he deserves all of the good things that are coming his way, and I forgot to mention he is a GREAT kid too.

What can you tell us about him? Is he a potential major prospect? He's got good height at a young age, is he still growing?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I can't believe you guys are this wrong about something. Suggs is a legit 6'6" he is a high major prospect, Arizona, Washington, Carbondale, Illinois, and Mizzou are just a few of the schools that have either called about him and/or come to watch him workout. He is legit and he will be one of the top 3 prospects in the state.

If you want to see the top prospects in the area you guys need to come to The Playing Field at 3:45 and 4:50 on Sunday. At 3:45 you can watch some of the other top talent in the class and at 4:50 you can watch the 6'2" Scott Suggs

I hope we are wrong, but the Post lists him as 6'2"...[http://prepsports3.stltoday.com/basketballboys/05/stats/roster286.shtm]. If he is now 6'6" as you say, that is wonderful. I'm just cautiously optimistic about a guy that is listed differently and who most of the folks on this board seem to have heard little about. If he is a great talent, then by all means I hope we offered.

I didn't see Washington play last year but from the descriptions that have been posted I think Suggs played for the Eagle 15s this summer. When I was at the Hoosier Shootout I saw rail thin 6'5 guard playing with the 15s sporting a Jackson Five fro. I only saw him play for about 5 minutes so I'm not what the extent of his talents were. Very good ballhandler for his size though. There was a poster over on MOsports who compared Suggs to Penny Hardaway -- might have been OJ.