Humphries

SShoe

If this is the case....

I hope the $$$ is GREAT for her and she is not being lowballed and forced out.

The last day there will be sad one, but I would envision a massive affair.

One more link lost between the generations of SLU students....

Bummer. I ordered 6 tee shirts from the student who was having "Save Humphries" printed on the front and "Tip-off Club" printed on the back. I was going to offer one of them to Bill McClellan and 4 to first come first serve billiken board posters. Now it seems moot.

Well, I guess that means a goodbye to any kind of decent campus life. But hey maybe we can all just go climb on the new lights. And then maybe go to all the cool bars on campus, oh wait, theyre all gay bars. So the basic thing of it is...

-More overpriced apartments

-Nowhere to go on campus

-Increase of drunk driving

-Big supporter of the bball program gone

Sad day and no one seems to notice the impact of any of it. Great.

There's an article about the Warehouse of Fixtures/Aquinas Institute project in this week's Business Journal. Here's a snippet:

The developers are targeting an audience of graduate students, hospital and campus employees and faculty for the apartment complex. That bodes well for neighbors such as Humphrey's, a bar and grill on the northeast corner of the block, at Spring and Laclede.

"I think it's great that they're developing here; I'm very excited about it," said Humphrey's owner Janis Mangelsdorf. "Residential units are different than dorm students; dorm students are more likely to stay on campus and eat in the dorms so I'm looking forward to business from established residential."

There is still some question as to who owns the parking lot that lies between Humphrey's, located at 3700 Laclede, and the old relay station. The development group has title to a portion of the lot, which Humphrey's has been using for decades, and a hearing has been scheduled to resolve the situation.

"There's a dispute over access to the lot," Mangelsdorf said. "I've been told by different contractors that the plans show that Humphrey's won't be here, which is my concern."

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories.../16/focus1.html