North Carolina

willie

Rumor has it that we are going to play North Carolina next year with a trip to Savis the following year. If this is true it might be a good time to play the defending champ with all of their players defecting to the NBA. If May goes Ian might match up with Hansborough. Very interesting'''''''

this day and age, most teams dont utilize a true center from the old days. and in reality, neither do the billikens. ian is doing the same thing on the inside that the pf is doing. to revert back to romarism's, we got guards and bigs. there really isnt a center, or a point guard position any more after that first pass past the halfline.

>So who would Ian guard?

But could Hansborough guard Ian? It gets back to the question of whether we are going to force teams to match up with us or are we going to adjust our lineup to match them? If we go small to matchup with an NC type lineup, it means JJ at 5. This is the type of scenario where we get really thin up front--i.e., Ian and Bryce ride the bench due to matchup problems leaving JJ and Newborne to log 30+ minutes each. Unless we get a PF this spring capable of playing 20 minutes per, I assume necessity will force us to play Ian regardless of his matchup problems on defense against a smaller, more mobile center.

I don't know who will be on the floor for UNC ... so that would be a hard question to answer. I just don't see Tyler as a 5. If they play with only 2 bigs it would depend on who else they play. Ian would probably guard the slower of the 2. Our 4 would probably guard Tyler.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

imo, hansborough will be the as good as any big freshman in the country next year. i hesitate to say he will be sean may, but it wont be the dropoff than most would think.