Final 4 Practice

willie

I spent lunch at the final 4 practice at the ED. Unbelievable. There must be 25,000 peple there. The lower bowl was filled,most people wearing orange. Hundreds of people outside trying to buy tickets to the games. People from as far away as California who don't have tickets who are here just for the hoopla. What a great thing for the city. If Cheryl had scalped SLU's tickets maybe we would have enough money to build our arena.

I had 2 final 4 tickets, sice my tream KY didnt get to stl, I decided to go down an see how much I would get for one fianl 4 ticket, this Louisville guy paid me $4,500 for this ticket couldn't believe how much he offered, I did sell to him. IF Louisville makes the final I might just sell my other ticket who knows maybe some crazy fan will offer me 10 grand

bonwich, that is peanuts. yesterday there was a guy hinting to willie and myself he had access to 10 tix and would sell us tix at $7500 per seat. cheryl's "deal" actually has become just that, a deal.

A friend of mine who will be visiting me tonight here in FL advised me that he had four tix that he turned back to the vendor who gave them to him. Needless to say, I was not happy about that as I wanted to make the trip to St. Louis and take in the Final Four. I'll have to root for the Fightin Illini from the comforts of my Palatial Palm Harbor Palace.

Louisville fans are ridiculous with buying tickets... At the NCAAs in Nashville, when tickets were in ABUNDANCE (extreme abundance), they were offering 3x face for bad seats. I sold my 2nd Round ticket early because I didn't want to get stuck with it after the GW Game (And try to sell it).

Just food for thought for everyone who doesn't know:

At Conference Tournaments, never buy your tickets from the Schools or whatnot. You can almost always get them cheaper on the street.

The same rule applies to the first round NCAAs. There are so many fans there just for their team, and don't care about the other games. In Nashville, tickets could be gotten for half face EASILY for all games (Louisville Fans are just sort of retarded).

Steve

Where was your seat just for reference. I got SLU tickets, I just wanted to be assured tickets and not deal with scalping for the Final Four. My dad however got his hand on a championship game ticket, and I don't think he would object to profitting and watching on TV.

Steve

I missed Louisville's practice but saw the rest. Michigan State was the most fun. They did very little practicing, and devoted the last 5 minutes to pure dunk contest.

Illinois did some drills. Had some goof off time at the end. But they weren't nearly as fun to watch as Mich St. However, the crowd was really fun. The crowd did the wave, which I am confident saying...rarely happens at a typical practice.

I stayed for the first half of NC's practice (to beat traffic). They actually scrimaged some, so it was interesting to watch. Roy stopped it every once and a while to coach. In the first 20-25 minutes, they didn't do any crowd pleasers. But they could have done it later.

I am discovering I love going to these sorts of events and just shooting the ###### with random diehard fans. At the Airport in DC, the security line was ridiculous for 6am on a Friday, I just chatted it up with a diehard NC fan going to StL. Today I chatted it up with a Louisville fan early, and an Illini fan later. It is just fun to have good basketball discussions.

STEVE SAID, "Just food for thought for everyone who doesn't know:

At Conference Tournaments, never buy your tickets from the Schools or whatnot. You can almost always get them cheaper on the street."

what steve says is true to a point. however, depending on where the game is being played and who the billikens are playing might affect if you get to sit with the rest of the billiken fans and how close you get. if you DO buy your tickets via the billikens, for the cusa tourney's you were guaranteed courtside seats (or at least first few rows) for the sessions that the billikens played. let's say we are playing dayton in the championship of the a-10 at dayton, good luck! i'll have a seat and a damn good one. you might not even get a seat then. i guess you have to decide how much you want to pay. plus, i also like to watch all the games. not just the billiken games and by getting them via the school i am guaranteed tix for all the games.

I've got a ticket for both days; a friend from KC's son works for Samuel Adams and produced them. I treated this guy to the SLU home game when we beat KU - he's a die-hard KU fan. Now I get the payback. His son says he'll try to get us into the Budweiser suite -sort of professional courtesy. It's hard to put a value on this, but I now think I owe him...

I didn't buy the package from SLU ... but I wish I had. I'd be down there scalping. Also there is a way around scalping and getting more for your tickets. You have to offer a service in conjunction with the tickets. For example 2 tickets with a limo ride to the game could bring $5000.00 legally. There is no real way to determine the actual value of both products. You could also offer a 1hr personal services contract for as much as you want ...

I love the rush from buying and selling. My brother and I used to do it to concerts when we were teenagers. I can't tell you how many times we showed up at a concert with 20 bucks and left seeing the show and with a couple of hundred in our pocket.

I never buy cards tickets ... and I always sit in great seats for about half price ... especially if you are alone ... singles are very easy to come by.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

If you bought the SLU tickets (like I did) you wouldn't be able to scalp them. They made us sign an affidavit promising not to sell them as a part of the deal.

They are not granting any billiken points for purchasing them since everyone was not granted that opportunity (which sounds fair).

However, they also are not providing an IRS letter for the excess over face value being considered as a charitable contribution. This does not make sense. The cocktail party and bus ride do add a value to the package, but not $740 worth (the excess over face value charged by the University). I believe that this amount may make it's way to my schedule A next year anyway.

His son, who is with Coors, not Sam Adams, was offered 8 grand !!! for his Bud suite ticket!!!. He came up to us a halftime during the MS game and showed us his ticket autographed by Clyde Drexler who was in the suite. Our seats were in row WW. There are no rows YY or ZZ...Still, it was great to be there - good energy - we were in a predominately Illini section, but you could almost say that about most of the arena.