Interesting Quote from Brad

I thought there was an interesting quote from Brad at halftime of the game last nite in which he stated that he hoped that 2-3 years from now we were winning the Atlantic 10 every year while averaging 85-90 points, but that this team was not able to do that.They had to slow down the game, to have a chance at winning it.Hopefully that is what he plans to do!!!!!!

I don't think it matters what our style is ... if we win the fans come, if we don't they don't. I don't beleive the fans come out more to see a team averaging 68 pts a game any more than they would a team averaging 59 pts a game ... or 70 and 59 ... it doesn't matter wins are what matter.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

iggy the junior and senior class should be romar recruits. i.e. they are scramble replacements. therefore i want to wait at least two more years to see what a total brad soderberg team looks like.

that said, i have said time and time again, unless the inside is athletically improved, we aint changing. right now i am hoping jalensdad is on to something and palmer is considering slu. that would be quite the ray of sunshine imo.

that said, i have said time and time again, unless the

>inside is athletically improved, we aint changing. right

>now i am hoping jalensdad is on to something and palmer is

>considering slu. that would be quite the ray of sunshine

>imo.

All the info I posted was via Hoopmasters.com. I have been somewhat following Palmer on the illiniboard and most posters were 50/50 as if he would make an impact at Illinois. If what posters are posting on the illiniboard is true, Illinois may have been looking for a way to back out of their scholarship offer for some time now. That being said doesn't mean Palmer wouldn't make a huge impact at SLU. I look at the struggles of McKinney at Missouri and wonder if his career would have turned out differently had he came to SLU. At one time Tennessee, Illinois and a host of other high major programs were chasing Palmer but now it seems it would take a standout performance vs New Jersey's St Patrick High on ESPN2 11 Feb at 7:30pm to boost his stock again.

College basketball players are strange. Some shine brightest when they are surrounded by talent, while others perform best as the man on a team devoid of other talent.

A Brad team, following how he coached and built teams at Wisconson, will play outstanding defense, have four players on the floor that can handle the ball , good passing bigs that are monsters in the paint(without hops,) and athletic slashing wings. This team is NOT Brad's team - as others pointed out, his first team will actually be two years from now.

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen are good examples of how important finding and turning pieces of a puzzle into an outstanding team. Jordan was the supreme talent in the NBA, but he could not win it all until he played with another talent who took off some of the scoring pressure and defensive focus on him. People thought Pippen was the second best player around until they realized otherwise, when he had two failed efforts in Houston and Portland trying to be a dominant player.

Chicago still would not have won all their championships had they not had a good defensive rebounding stiff playing center(Cartwight, Kleine, Williams, and the dude from NM) and a SG who could pop threes at all hours.

If I were a HS power forward, SLU would be very high on my list of schools. Playing time would be readily available, the backcourt will be talented and well coached, and the opportunity to flourish will be open for the next four years. My shopping list for the final two spots includes a 6'5" to 6'8" SF with a fifteen foot handle and longer shooting range, and a physically mature space eater with hops and defensive presence. I'd also be glad to "settle" for two of the latter to keep Roy happy;-)