HIGH SCHOOL AND POSSIBLE RECRUITS INFO

Here are some interesting notes concerning certain HS players and possible SLU recruits found in the Post over the past week.

"Freshman Torres Roundtree, the younger brother of former Cardinal Ritter and Duke standout Chris Carrawell,led Mccluer North in scoring and rebounding in 3 games at the Borgia Tourney."

"Borgia's Alex Moosmann a junior guard at Borgia appears ready to fill the void left by Luke Meyer.He scored 39 against Owensville last week and was named the most valuable in the Blue Division of the recently completed Borgia Tourney".

Anybody know much about these kids and are we recruting them?

I understand Roundtree is the half brother of Carrawell...I saw Roundtree play at Borgia...He is a very nice player especially as a freshman for McCluer NOrth...They will be a tough team when they get their football players back.

I will be getting out to see several McCluer North games this year so I will report on the progress of their impressive frosh. He is a half brother of Carrewell. North has a very deep team this year with their top scorers back from last year, they will probably win the sub north and contend in districts.

This is a fascinating story that plays out so often. A freshman is thrust into a starting role because 4 starters are on the football team and he blows up the competition. Wow! How hard is it going to be for the coach to keep that young man out of the starting rotation. Is he from the school that is coached by Irwin Claggett?

Randy Reed (K State Star) coaches at McCluer North. North didn't have such a great game last night against Jennings. The football players still didn't appear to be in the rotation that heavily though.

Moosman is super quick and has great handles too. The only knock I have on him is size. He is only 5'8", and that may be generous. He is just a junior, so he has potential to still grow, but at his current size he could have a tough time getting his shots (and defending the bigger guards) at the D-1 level.

He has the potential to be a solid point guard who can hit the open shot when left alone. But my guess is that will be on the D-2 level.

Thicks, I just randomly googled your School (I am pretty much doing anything to avoid Tudor England at this point). And you should really redesign their web site. You know more than I do probably about Web Design, and no offense but the site I found was pretty pitiful.

Just my thoughts... Back to...Lady Jane Grey (Seriously, knowing who this woman is is really going to be handy in my life...)

Steve

PS Just to let people know, I am barely reading the board this week and next. Gotta love the learning aspect of college.

They don't pay me enough. I agree that the site could be a lot better, but I doubt there's anyone in the district whose job is exclusively maintaining the district website.

P.S., I don't know why you say, "You know more than I do probably about Web Design, and no offense but the site I found was pretty pitiful," because I have nothing to do with this district's website.

I said that last line b/c I think you know more about web design than me. and I said no offense b/c sometimes it can be taken as offensive to insult something associated with someone, even if they had nothing to do with it.

i.e. If someone were to insult GW's campus to me, I would take mild offense to it, even though I have nothing to do with how the campus looks.