Quin's next job

willie

I find it ironic that ESPN is filling the airways with fired "style" coaches Steve Lavin and Mike Jarvis. I don't find them very articulate or insightfull. Jarvis tried to explain the St. John situation but offered very little. Of course he denied knowing anything about players being paid. If you are the head coach and truelly don't know about cash payments to your players then you certainly don't have much controle over your program. In any event I think we know where Quin will be next year.

When you pop them they can scar.

We have some scars from the Triangle and Too debacle. Much wasted time and energy on that nudnick. I'm more of a watcher, it will get better kind of a guy. Bills fans have to be that way. We can't hope for a quick fix.

The Legend was fun to watch and hope for the future, but I don't think the program OVERALL was better for having Larry with us for one year. I would much prefer to anticipate KL and TL, watch them grow and carry us higher. Just my preference.

mhg

i too would take the "larry hughes" player anytime i could get him. if you think about the fact that the next year with virtually the same team back except hughes and the addition of justin love, who also was a very good player, the billikens werent even 500, one has to believe that hughes was probably worth about 10 wins by himself. anytime i can pick up 10 wins with one player, i think i take him.

Larry's decision to stay near his illness-stricken little brother was a special case. It was a once in a lifetime scenario -- Larry may be the last 10 top talent SLU ever signs. But Gonzaga and Xavier have managed to do just fine without that caliber of player.

I hear that Mascoutah's Rob Rudy may be the next Kevin Lisch. What are you hearing, Roy?

i have seen rob play a lot. actually started watching him in grade school. my brother coached a team that was pretty good (only lost 4 games in the 8th grade) twice he lost to rob's team. the last time they played, he had two players playing a triangle and two against his team where both of the two followed rob. i.e. when rob had the ball at least 3 players were guarding him. he still scored over 40 against them and beat them.

he hasnt grown since 8th grade, but he is rock solid build, about 6'1", and very fundamentally sound. plays hard all the time. he isnt quite lisch, (doesnt shoot as well imo) but he is pretty darn good and i would have to think besides lisch and tabb of what southern illinois guard i would want before rob rudy.

i got to know his family a little this fall as rob's sister was the pitching coach on my daughter's school softball team this fall. fantastic family and all athletes. dad was quite the area softball player about 20 years ago and one hellacious competitor.

rob can be a d-1 player. it will be fun to watch him the next 2-3 years as he is only a sophomore. plus, i like his coach, scott oltmann, a lot. good knowledgeable guy who demands the players play hard.

felton has no out court skills to speak of at this point. he isnt much of a shooter from beyond 8 feet or so and doesnt put the ball on the floor well or pass the ball. he is purely a high jumper at this point in time. i am disappointed that over the summer playing for the eagles that no one took the time to work with him on those skills. apparently he also has now developed a little bit of a coasting attitude on defense. he didnt get that from althoff as greg leib and curt berger both preach all out defense. he will be used almost exclusively on the inside for althoff this year and if he doesnt develop some guards skills soon, he is naia bound regardless of his fantastic athleticism.