TIp off Meeting

Tonka

Jill and Jason G. spoke at the meeting. They both spoke about the arena project as a done deal, not as a propsal. In fact, Jill signed her first ever top fifty recruit (from Minn.), and said that the new arena was a huge factor in her recruitment.

Nothing else too new was said.

Jason said that the staff reviewed the tape from last night and determined that we did not defend well. Supposedly, Brad really got after the guys today.

Polk will povide quickness and point guard skills we don't currently have on the team. He had a procedure this past July to remove some pins in the knee and is expected to have a great senior season.

Liddell is Brad's best recruit ever. The St. Louis Eagles have hired ACT tutors and ACT classes for Tommie. He is working hard on getting his academics squared away.

Meyer is a hard-nosed, gutsy player like Sloan, who can do a lot more from the perimeter than Sloan.

Darren Clarke and Ian are making freshmen adjustments, but both kids are hard-working and good students of the game. Darren will be expected to contribute off the bench right away. His defense improved dramatically from the first to the second game.

Reggie is hands down our best shooter and didn't play much yesterday in preparation for our first three games.

A couple of other points included IO's injuries and Tom's windedness(word?). It sounded like that is something IO will have to play through. He did practice today.

Tom's lack of wind was related to not being in mid-season shape. The coach said they had worked with him all summer, but he is still not where he needs to be in terms of condition. They will have to rotate people in and out to give him a breather until his shape improves.

A ground breaking date was not stated at the meeting. However, if the 22 month construction schedule stands (Alberici has historically met its schedules), then we will need to break ground by March to open by the 2005-2006 CONFERENCE season. If we want to open by the start of the 2005-2005 REGULAR season, then we will need to break ground in January.

was a big hit since there was absolutely NOTHING left when I arrived at 6 - I think maybe they put out some more, but I didn't bother to get back in line. Lots of (good) questions and comments, and Keith Pickett was there to tout the Shootout again. We have access to prime tickets through the Tipoff Club - $22 a pop for some of the best prep basketball you will ever see - 6 or 7 games, including Tommie Liddell v. a certain Mizzou recruit at 6. If you can take a day off to just veg out, immersed in hoops, then this is the venue. I haven't missed one in years. If you want a ticket, contact *name deleted by request* on this board - he goes by billikenguest, spelled backwards...

The Tip-Off Club has about 15 tickets left in Section 118 for the December 11th annual Shootout at the Savvis. 35 of our 50 preferred ticket allocation were sold or accounted for at last night's meeting. As soon as Steve sets up my board e-mail address I will advise in detail how you can get any of the remaining 15 Tip-Off Club tickets. Cost is $22 per ticket. It will be a good opportunity for those on the metro west side to see Billiken recruit Tommie Liddell in action. More later.

If the arena project is a 'done deal' I wonder why there hasn't been an announcement as such. Maybe its because the site has not been finalized.

I haven't been on campus for 5 years and I know a lot of growth has taken place since then. I tend to favor the south-eastern campus location, but I also like the idea of purchasing land in the grand Center for the future.