Roster and staff

We have 2 spots still open for the roster , and a coach opening??? 

Is that correct at this time?

We have a lame duck coach who won't be able to replace another Asst or bring in 2 even remotely D-1-worthy transfers.  Who wants to join  a program that will finish in the bottom half of the A10 for one year 

10 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

When was the last time a Ford team finished bottom half A10?

16-17.

I want to see some reasoning on why we are a top-half finisher.  How is our talent any better than a crews year?  Outside of Jimmerson and I'd argue that Crews teams had more depth than this one.  We have so many unknowns and our known players are not good.  For instance no top half A10 team has 6'3 Hargorve starting at PF.  

10 minutes ago, thetorch said:

16-17.

I want to see some reasoning on why we are a top-half finisher.  How is our talent any better than a crews year?  Outside of Jimmerson and I'd argue that Crews teams had more depth than this one.  We have so many unknowns and our known players are not good.  For instance no top half A10 team has 6'3 Hargorve starting at PF.  

You must have a real soft spot for Austin Gillman

The A10, in my view, continues to free fall into its Juan Bid status.  I think our guards are okay, however we still need another proven point guard IMHO.  I also think our bigs are unknowns and we still need a decent Euro-four on the roster.  van Brusselsprout has half of that --- he's a Euro.  Is he a shooting four?  Don't know but doubt it.  Until proven otherwise, he's Andre Lorentsson 2.0.  

Right now, the A10 appears to have the Bonnies and Joeys looking the best.  Schmidt returns Banks, Luc, Venning, Flowers, Evans and Farrell.  The Joeys have Reynolds, Greer, Brown, Klaczek, Winborne and seven-foot redshirt Christ Essandoko.  The rest are in various pieces.  Richmond has Quinn and Roche.  Davidson is weak.  VCU is a whole tesam of transfers.  Mason lost English and everyone else to Providence.  Fordham lost their two main guys in Quisenberry and Moore.  Umass lost its whole backcourt in Fernandes, Weeks and Luis.  La Salle lost everyone but Shepard.  Duquesne could surprise on Grant and Clark alone.  Dayton is okay provided Holmes returns.  Loyola was and is a mess.  Rhode Island continues to start over under Miller.  Geedubya has a decent duo in Bishop and Edwards.  I don't think it takes much to compete in this atmosphere next year.  

We need to parlay a relativelt decent OOC into some semblence of a team come conference time  But it will remain a blood bath in Brooklyn as e all battle for Juan.

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

We have a lame duck coach who won't be able to replace another Asst or bring in 2 even remotely D-1-worthy transfers.  Who wants to join  a program that will finish in the bottom half of the A10 for one year 

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with you but to answer your question….players who flamed out at P6 schools who want so show they can fill up a stat sheet and lead a team would love to come to a perceived lower level a10 team. 

Also players who were good in lower conferences but aren’t getting p6 offers would love to get minutes at a perceived lower level a10 team. 

2 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

You must have a real soft spot for Austin Gillman

Do you know that the two centers we have on the roster are better than Gilmann? I don't.

59 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with you but to answer your question….players who flamed out at P6 schools who want so show they can fill up a stat sheet and lead a team would love to come to a perceived lower level a10 team. 

Also players who were good in lower conferences but aren’t getting p6 offers would love to get minutes at a perceived lower level a10 team. 

We only have 1 transfer who flamed out at a p6 school. Flamed out is a strong word. He wasn't good enough to play for a mediocre p6 team.

Our other transfer was a borderline starter for one of the worst teams in D-1. 

Complete unknowns. They also don't have the luxury of a sit year to develop like so many of Ford's earlier transfers that many are hoping they will be like. 

11 hours ago, thetorch said:

Chris Harriman 

17 hours ago, thetorch said:

We only have 1 transfer who flamed out at a p6 school. Flamed out is a strong word. He wasn't good enough to play for a mediocre p6 team.

Our other transfer was a borderline starter for one of the worst teams in D-1. 

Complete unknowns. They also don't have the luxury of a sit year to develop like so many of Ford's earlier transfers that many are hoping they will be like. 

Jimmer back they won’t be cellar dwellers.

The Valley Sucks likes this

On 5/26/2023 at 7:51 PM, thetorch said:

16-17.

The Jim Crews era saw Aaron Hines(walk-on) have the highest MPG in the conference. We had Austin Gillman, Matt Neufeld(to name a few) as our "starting center" .. Likely our most talented player was Davell Roby. We had WBAT(Worst Billiken of All Time) Brett Jolly fire up 3s and then talk trash to opposing teams and get technical fouls.

Nothing will ever be that bad. I do agree that this team will not be as good as last years, which was pitifully inadequate and underperforming.

johnbj14 and majerus mojo like this

On 5/26/2023 at 7:52 PM, Lord Elrond said:

How’s the competition in the A10 shaping up?

St Joes may be the best team... not a joke. The league will be bad again.  The top of the league will be worst than its been in a long time, but perhaps the lower part will be better than most years. 

I do think we will be better than what Torch thinks, more like 6-8 spot. But if the argument is my prediction vs torch's, that's still a major issue in itself. 

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

St Joes may be the best team... not a joke. The league will be bad again.  The top of the league will be worst than its been in a long time, but perhaps the lower part will be better than most years. 

how does bernie keep her job?   worst commish in America.  what has happened to the conference in her reign is unprecedented.  

Soderball, AGB91 and JMM28 like this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

how does bernie keep her job?   worst commish in America.  what has happened to the conference in her reign is unprecedented.  

I don't see anything happening to her, she would have to step down.