SLU Baseball in A10 Tournament

Massive two wins for SLU in the A10 Tourney this week.   Better news is we get tomorrow off and play the winner of Davidson and George Mason in the semifinals.  Davidson crushed us earlier in the season in North Carolina.   Great news is Davidson is currently down 8-0 to Mason in the 5th inning.  Hoping that score hold.    We are hitting the ball as well as anyone in the league.   Senior Cam Redding missed half of the season with injury but has come back on fire, leading the team in Home Runs.   We beat Richmond yesterday 6-3 and then annihilated #1 Seed St. Joseph's 23-8 today.     Two wins away from a regional.    That would be a nice accomplishment for Coach Hendrickson.   We were routinely a conference favorite until legit baseball powers VCU and Davidson joined the league.   The tournament is being hosted by VCU, which amazingly didn't make it in this year.  

Mason takes down Davidson 15 to 11.  Nice.  Davidson now has to play Dayton which means either #2 or #3 is going home.  

While the tournament is in Richmond, its being played at The Diamond, home of the Richmond Flying Squirrels, the Eastern League Double-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants.  The two-tiered stadium, visible from I-95 north of downtown, does not open its upper deck during the season unless needs dictate such.  A cozy, yet half empty, environment.

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Mason takes down Davidson 15 to 11.  Nice.  Davidson now has to play Dayton which means either #2 or #3 is going home.  

While the tournament is in Richmond, its being played at The Diamond, home of the Richmond Flying Squirrels, the Eastern League Double-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants.  The two-tiered stadium, visible from I-95 north of downtown, does not open its upper deck during the season unless needs dictate such.  A cozy, yet half empty, environment.

All 13 people in attendance today loved the place.

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

This waxes poetic as well as any baseball writer.

19 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's VCU's home ballpark too.

Max capacity 9,560.  VCU averaged around 200 per game the last 3 games they played there. Playing in a place that big with a crowd that small must seem really weird

I had just remembered the game was today and joined today's action on ESPN+, here at the office, at a good time, with 2 outs in the 9th.  The firm probably heard my excited utterance when the final out was recorded. 

The staff was rooting for SLU.  Obviously, she knew better than to root for a delegate who refused to sign the Constitution.