Yuri Collins to.....Grad Transfer

It is all over the interwebs.  Strangely not a peep here.  Can't believe Courtside didn't have the inside scoop on this rumor?

Most likely destination - K St

Does this make Yuri

Less Likable?

More Likeable?

As Likeable?

Please discuss.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, thetorch said:

It is all over the interwebs.  Strangely not a peep here.  Can't believe Courtside didn't have the inside scoop on this rumor?

Does this make Yuri

Less Likable?

More Likeable?

As Likeable?

Please discuss.

If he goes somewhere else he’s on the same list with diarra, Strickland etc. 

The Valley Sucks likes this

6 hours ago, dlarry said:

This. 
I wish him well. If he couldn’t lead the Bills to the NCAA tourney last year he definitely wouldn’t lead them there this year. 

good luck to him

Agree - we just have to rip the band-aid off on this one. Aside from the old adage “it’s hard to be a Billiken fan,” a lot of us are jilted and jaded lovers. There isn’t a shrink in this country who could take on this fan base :) maybe in Salina, KS…going through the Yellow Pages as we speak. 
I doff my cap at Yuri, thank him for the memories and move on to the next floor general. 

billikenbill likes this

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

This will be unpopular and frowned upon but like I’m done with this Yuri insanity. He’s completely scuffed his Billiken legacy. The numbers are great and all but he d*cked around the program last spring essentially holding it hostage for NIL money allowing this B*g G*ard d0ucher to be his business manager, or so it appears. He withdraws from the portal as if he never planned on exploring other options, BS. He comes back, and can’t lead this team to the tournament(you wanna blame Ford too, fine but we played our best game at GW without Yuri. Mid season his “manager” goes after Rich Chaifetz on Twitter saying that they haven’t paid him the NIL that was promised, which is a complete lie. This behavior continued throughout the season with BG continuously saying SLU was shorting Yuri on $$. Then he enters the draft saying he wouldn’t want to wear any other jersey in college, now he’s apparently going to enter the portal again, and wear another jersey. Numbers are great, he’s a great passer, incredibly fun to watch. But man I have trouble believing anything the dude says. Players asked to be paid, asked for NIL, well now you get the criticism for acting a fool. When you were just on scholarship, fine you don’t get the heavy criticism. However you start bringing cash into the equation, now you’re a full blown adult pro worthy of whatever scrutiny comes your way. 

You can criticize him all you want- that's part of his job description, but did you grow up dirt poor?  It might affect your decision-making a little bit.

15 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

You can criticize him all you want- that's part of his job description, but did you grow up dirt poor?  It might affect your decision-making a little bit.

I don't think he is criticizing him for taking the money last year or now just how he went about it.  You can go for the money but you don't have to do it in a bad way.  I think Yuri should get whatever money he deserves but you can do it with character.

i dont have a problem with any college player getting their fair share of the ignorant NiL money.   the NCAA put it out there and was stupid enough not to be proactive and get the method out there in a more sensible way.   so it is what it is and the players would be fools not to take advantage of it to the nth degree.  get all you can.  it's now all legal so why not?

as to collins, his floor demeanor and play changed drastically last year.   from my seat he appeared selfish and uninterested more times than not.   there were definitely chemisty problems and all arrows point to him.   now i am dam sure ford was part of the problem and he not only did nothing about yuri's change, my guess is he put him in that mindset.   if he didnt, why did he not sit him more?   nothing motivates a player more than playing time.   without looking i assume yuri led the team in minutes played per game.  

that's my problem with collins.  he became his own team.  my team was the billikens.   and i got no room to root for multiple home teams.

My impression is that Yuri's desire to improve  his NBA resume exceeded his desire to win.  He wanted to show that  he could take over games, hit contested shots and hit long shots.  In some games it appear he got caught up in the hype and wanted to show that he was clearly  better than the opposing point guard. He couldn't resist the temptation to try dominating a game, especially late in the game.

In my view it hurt the team. Though I will miss his amazing passes, I think its best for both parties, that we go our separate ways.

dlarry and bauman like this

12 hours ago, thetorch said:

Does this make Yuri

Less Likable?

More Likeable?

As Likeable?

Please discuss.

I’m very aware of what is going on with Yuri. It has even been discussed privately here. You seem to be unsurprisingly missing some info about it. 

HoosierPal likes this

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I don't think he is criticizing him for taking the money last year or now just how he went about it.  You can go for the money but you don't have to do it in a bad way.  I think Yuri should get whatever money he deserves but you can do it with character.

Yeah I mean I want Yuri to get the bag as much as he can.  But have a plan and maybe realize that this program/university deserves at least a little better than being held hostage.  That’s my problem with it all

2 hours ago, Band Legend said:

Not that it’s any of your business, but I would imagine I spent the first 18 years of my life at a level similar to Yuri Collins. I was also not gifted his natural athletic ability. 

I value loyalty and honesty. You don’t have to step on people or be dishonest to get what you want. 

3 hours ago, Band Legend said:

I fail to see how 05’s financial situation 20 years ago is relevant. 

14 hours ago, thetorch said:

Does this make Yuri

Less Likable?

More Likeable?

As Likeable?

Please discuss.

Indifferent. Couldn’t care less If he plays college hoops this upcoming season as long as it’s not for SLU.  Great passer, average shooter, poor leader. Looking forward to a new era of Billikens hoops. 

Billiken Rich likes this

Good luck to Yuri!

it takes a team effort from 5 players to win and somehow in spite of Ford being Yuri’s biggest advocate.
The team seemed to come together with L Hughes Jr toward the end of season as he got over freshman awkwardness. My hope is Yuri is successful in future but having more ball handlers like Cian Medley and Hughes may leave us less vulnerable. Some of these other “bigger” “guards” may give us what we missed by Fred Thatch Jr being hurt. Bravo to Coach Ford for supporting all his kids even the special ones who are driven by personal ambition.