Yuri Collins to.....Grad Transfer

I thought Davide Robinson and Donnie Campbell shared the five spot on the Dobbs' team.  Of course, they were a stretch at maybe 6'6" each.  Dobbs  played the power forward spot on a team full of shooters in Claggs, Hmark, H, Carl Turner, and even Dobbs himself.  

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I thought Davide Robinson and Donnie Campbell shared the five spot on the Dobbs' team.  Of course, they were a stretch at maybe 6'6" each.  Dobbs  played the power forward spot on a team full of shooters in Claggs, Hmark, H, Carl Turner, and even Dobbs himself.  

I thought Robinson and Campbell played 5 his senior year and Evan Peterson was center his junior year. I remember Spoon joking about having a non dunking center(Peterson) and a 6’2” power forward.

39 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Dobbs was not a 5.

Evan Pederson was the starting center in his first year, with Robinson and Campbell backing them up. Pederson was always in foul trouble so Robinson got more minutes than he did.

Dobbs Sr year had Robinson, Campbell and sometimes Jeff Harris all at the 5.

@Taj79 no where in my post did I say Collins received 250k.  I said the exact opposite.

There was speculation earlier that since Tenn offered him 250k, which is patently false, that SLU must have matched it.  That makes no sense.

Yuri got much closer to 25k last year than 250k.

If we had made such a huge investment in Yuri last season, we would not let him go away this season certainly.

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

@Taj79 no where in my post did I say Collins received 250k.  I said the exact opposite.

There was speculation earlier that since Tenn offered him 250k, which is patently false, that SLU must have matched it.  That makes no sense.

Yuri got much closer to 25k last year than 250k.

If we had made such a huge investment in Yuri last season, we would not let him go away this season certainly.

Makes sense, Torch. I have a question for u guys who watched SLU from 1973- thru say 1993. There was a video posted some time ago on a game against Memphis and there was a player tearing up Messphis. Was that David Burns? Whoever it was he was in the zone. If it was Burns, outside of the Legend that guy has to be considered a great Billiken. I don’t think he played for Spoon. So it had to be in that 20 year span where Billiken hoops to me was only a line score in the paper. Although, I do remember watching the 1989 NIT final on TV. Bonner’s team. 

18 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Makes sense, Torch. I have a question for u guys who watched SLU from 1973- thru say 1993. There was a video posted some time ago on a game against Memphis and there was a player tearing up Messphis. Was that David Burns? Whoever it was he was in the zone. If it was Burns, outside of the Legend that guy has to be considered a great Billiken. I don’t think he played for Spoon. So it had to be in that 20 year span where Billiken hoops to me was only a line score in the paper. Although, I do remember watching the 1989 NIT final on TV. Bonner’s team. 

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/01/19/David-Burns-of-St-Louis-University-Monday-was-named/8584348728400/

Could have been this game vs Memphis 

I've always considered Burns at worst the third best billiken individual player (Hughes and Bonner).

Adman, kmbilliken and AGB91 like this

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/01/19/David-Burns-of-St-Louis-University-Monday-was-named/8584348728400/

Could have been this game vs Memphis 

I've always considered Burns at worst the third best billiken individual player (Hughes and Bonner).

Tx, B’roy, that was him. He was en fuego. Epic game for him. Where is he now? Was he the guy hit by a bus or something? 

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

Tx, B’roy, that was him. He was en fuego. Epic game for him. Where is he now? Was he the guy hit by a bus or something? 

No idea.   My understanding that the academic program ekkertime had him on pretty much didn't prepare him for life after basketball.

@thetorch:  On May 22, in this thread, bottom of page four, you said "We threw around a quarter of a million dollars last year and this year Ford says we don't have even 6 figures to give a recruit?"  My question remains .... where did you get a "quarter of a million dollars?"  Without proper citations, statements like these become urban legends and are accepted as truth.  Now, given your background, they very well may be truths but I'm asking for the source citations.

Got any?  

In Brooklyn, I was told maybe two or three guys got about $7k apieces from some legit government program (which I doubt).  And then Yuri got anywhere between $25k and $40k.  That's a long way from a quarter of a million spent.

BLIKNS and willie like this

Well, I would imagine this year’s payroll isn’t all that steep. I’m purely speculating but have to think Gibby got somewhere in the 5 figure range to stay. Others not so much, say in the $5-$7k range if even that. Everyone returning didn’t do much to create a value for their services. Perkins, based on his JUCO stats, might have got some nibbles had he tossed his hat in the ring. I don’t have any idea what the $ inducements might have been for our 3 portal players but would guess not enough to buy  even a 10 yr old car. Overall, I’d guess SLU ain’t really out much in the NIL game this year. 

4 hours ago, thetorch said:

https://twitter.com/bigguardbball/status/1663640014633197569?t=mHaDSr3ROsN4kQVPQ_1-RQ&s=19

Big Guard repping Yuri to K St.

Who let this bum in Chaifetz?

It’s funny. The only time this grifter gets any sort of engagement is when he says something negative towards SLU. Every tweet gets a like, maybe two. Say something about SLU? He gets some engagement. What a loser. 

Completely out if the loop here, but is there a chance Yuri returns?  Or is he gone for sure?

7 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

Completely out if the loop here, but is there a chance Yuri returns?  Or is he gone for sure?

No chance whatsoever.

Yuri made the right decision.

He might make the G league but hopefully its a stepping stone to Europe where he can get really paid.

Pursuing another year in college was only good for people who aren't Yuri.