Yuri Collins to.....Grad Transfer

16 minutes ago, ACE said:

Bringing race into this? wtf! If it makes you feel better, instead of the beloved Meyer and Sloan, think of an African-American player from the past whose popularity outweighed his production due to being perceived as a blue collar, over-achieving role player and my point stands.

Seriously.......you've been here long enough to know what you were saying and how it would be perceived 

MariaReynolds and bauman like this

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only gripe with Yuri was his propensity to try too hard to be “the guy” at the end of games. I would always say “here comes Yuriball” in the last two minutes of every game. But do you really blame him? He was probably the most clutch player on the team his first three years. 2021 at George Mason anyone??

But Yuriball is NOT the reason the team underachieved. The offense was good. We had a bad year because of defense and lack of depth. Letting every team have their season-best shooting night when they played us makes it hard to win. And when you have to put Gibson Jimerson on Tyler Burton because no one else in the starting lineup can guard a parked car? (I’m looking at you, Javonte). You have to out-score everybody. And when you have the same 5 guys play the entire 2nd half with minimal subs, you’re gonna choke leads at the end of games because you’re tired. 

I had a lot of criticism for Yuri last year. And I still do. But he was not the main problem. 

23 minutes ago, ACE said:

Bringing race into this? wtf! If it makes you feel better, instead of the beloved Meyer and Sloan, think of an African-American player from the past whose popularity outweighed his production due to being perceived as a blue collar, over-achieving role player and my point stands. 

I would submit that the criticism of Collins has gotten out of hand - how many different threads need to be started saying the same thing?

Regarding Ford criticism, I'm not sure who you're talking about it, but it's not me. I had a debate with others last summer when we were sitting on that last scholarship - I was sounding the warning bells that Ford needed to add a combo guard. Several folks, most vocally 3-star told me that we didn't need another guard. Instead, we got Daniel Rivera.

My only criticism of Ford would be over hyping Yuri and a team that did not come together- somewhat like the CEO who touts

his stock knowing the current numbers may not be a true predictor of success. If I was a recruit I would want a coach who was all in for me- not ones like Grawer and Winfield who played their own kids instead of Clagget, benched Footes several times for taking over games and held Douglas out of late minutes in  Games so Gray could catch him in statistics

1 minute ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

My only gripe with Yuri was his propensity to try too hard to be “the guy” at the end of games. I would always say “here comes Yuriball” in the last two minutes of every game. But do you really blame him? He was probably the most clutch player on the team his first three years. 2021 at George Mason anyone??

But Yuriball is NOT the reason the team underachieved. The offense was good. We had a bad year because of defense and lack of depth. Letting every team have their season-best shooting night when they played us makes it hard to win. And when you have to put Gibson Jimerson on Tyler Burton because no one else in the starting lineup can guard a parked car? (I’m looking at you, Javonte). You have to out-score everybody. And when you have the same 5 guys play the entire 2nd half with minimal subs, you’re gonna choke leads at the end of games because you’re tired. 

I had a lot of criticism for Yuri last year. And I still do. But he was not the main problem. 

Everybody wanted/hoped/needed Junior year Javonte+.  Sadly it was not to be and not his fault.  You can blame Ford for keeping him in the lineup too much or not recruiting over him but.......

cgeldmacher and Crewsorlose like this

9 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Seriously.......you've been here long enough to know what you were saying and how it would be perceived 

Give me a break pal - the fact that you are reading race into what I said, says more about you than it does me.

If that's what's important to you, again I will ask - If it makes you feel better, instead of Meyer and Sloan, think of an African-American player from the past whose popularity outweighed his production due to being perceived as a blue collar, over-achieving role player and my point stands. 

41 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Everybody wanted/hoped/needed Junior year Javonte+.  Sadly it was not to be and not his fault.  You can blame Ford for keeping him in the lineup too much or not recruiting over him but.......

I don’t blame Ford for Javonte personally. He was the key to us being good last year and if he never got hurt, I’m convinced we’d have a tourney bid in 2021. Nobody knew he’d be such a shell of his former self, especially defensively

Just now, NoCoBillsFan said:

I don’t blame Ford for Javonte personally. He was they key to us being good last year and if he never got hurt, I’m convinced we’d have a tourney bid in 2021. Nobody knew he’d be such a shell of his former self, especially defensively

Oh and it also pains me to say it, but OG WAS RIGHT ABOUT PERKINS.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Give me a break pal - the fact that you are reading race into what I said, says more about you than it does me.

If that's what's important to you, again I will ask - If it makes you feel better, instead of Meyer and Sloan, think of an African-American player from the past whose popularity outweighed his production due to being perceived as a blue collar, over-achieving role player and my point stands. 

Torch fell into the obvious trap you set.  You know exactly what you were doing, and now it "reflects on them" not on you. How convenient.  So lame. 

Hope your feeling of moral superiority brightens your weekend. 

Billiken Rich likes this

4 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Torch fell into the obvious trap you set.  You know exactly what you were doing, and now it "reflects on them" not on you. How convenient.  So lame. 

Hope your feeling of moral superiority brightens your weekend. 

bull**** - not sure why you are interjecting race into this.

And again I ask  - If it makes you feel better, instead of Meyer and Sloan, think of an African-American player from the past whose popularity outweighed his production due to being perceived as a blue collar, over-achieving role player and my point stands. 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

I would submit that the criticism of Collins has gotten out of hand - how many different threads need to be started saying the same thing?

Regarding Ford criticism, I'm not sure who you're talking about it, but it's not me. I had a debate with others last summer when we were sitting on that last scholarship - I was sounding the warning bells that Ford needed to add a combo guard. Several folks, most vocally 3-star told me that we didn't need another guard. Instead, we got Daniel Rivera.

Just stop. You knew exactly what you were doing. 

Billiken Rich likes this

6 minutes ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Just stop. You knew exactly what you were doing. 

Talk about "woke" in reverse 🙄

I guess I made the mistake of having the audacity of taking a little jab at  Sloan and Meyer - If you saw race in that, I don't know what to tell ya.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

bull**** - not sure why you are interjecting race into this.

And again I ask  - If it makes you feel better, instead of Meyer and Sloan, think of an African-American player from the past whose popularity outweighed his production due to being perceived as a blue collar, over-achieving role player and my point stands. 

Cory Remekun? Davell Roby? Fred Thatch? 

36 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I don't recall Roby and Remekun falling in that category and neither were local, but yes on Thatch (although local is a little bit of a stretch). Thank you for answering, I will amend my original statement so some of the triggered folks who are focused on race can move on... 

For a fan base that holds the likes of locals Chris Sloan, Luke Meyer and Fred Thatch in such high regard, some of the derangement over Yuri is truly strange to me.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Talk about "woke" in reverse 🙄

I guess I made the mistake of having the audacity of taking a little jab at  Sloan and Meyer - If you saw race in that, I don't know what to tell ya.

Hahahahaha

I'll save you your next retort.

You call them snowflakes. 

Playbook.

Ace so Lame.

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Hahahahaha

I'll save you your next retort.

You call them snowflakes. 

Playbook.

Ace so Lame.

It's interesting how defensive some who saw race in this are getting. The A-bomb was a dud.

20 minutes ago, ACE said:

It's interesting how defensive some who saw race in this are getting. The A-bomb was a dud.

ACE so predictable. 

Kinda like the motion offense just resetting and going back to the first part of your playbook. Maybe this time it'll work.

Not interesting just lame. Maybe hit another message board set your traps maybe they'll fall for them.   Then you can be satisfied .

17 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

ACE so predictable. 

Kinda like the motion offense just resetting and going back to the first part of your playbook. Maybe this time it'll work.

Not interesting just lame. Maybe hit another message board set your traps maybe they'll fall for them.   Then you can be satisfied .

😄 IF this is some elaborate trap as you assert - then why in the hell would you spend so much time trying to refute it? What a dumb ass.  Only you can look in the mirror and try to figure out why I unwittingly triggered you.  I even amended my original statement so as not to offend your fragile sensibilities. If only I had included Fred Thatch from the get go, but I didn't think of him because I don't think of him as "local" and I didn't think of him as a "past" player since his career just recently ended.  Shame on me for not anticipating that the racial make-up of the players I mentioned would put you on tilt.

59 minutes ago, ACE said:

😄 IF this is some elaborate trap as you assert - then why in the hell would you spend so much time trying to refute it? What a dumb ass.  Only you can look in the mirror and try to figure out why I unwittingly triggered you.  I even amended my original statement so as not to offend your fragile sensibilities. If only I had included Fred Thatch from the get go, but I didn't think of him because I don't think of him as "local" and I didn't think of him as a "past" player since his career just recently ended.  Shame on me for not anticipating that the racial make-up of the players I mentioned would put you on tilt.

Yawn, reset again hand off at the top of the key but like that weave it isn't effective. 

For those following along here's the playbook:

Veiled hints setting trap

Someone defends themselves. The act of defending yourself equals guilt. Because you recognized the hints you're guilty 

Defend yourself

The retort is you're a snowflake, overly sensitive and triggered. 

The instigator continues to claim that they aren't the instigator. They're innocent you're the one with the problem.

Look through the posts above you'll recognize the behavior.  Now it's up to you to just avoid it in the future.  That'll frustrate them more as you also see the increased frustration in subsequent posts above.

21 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Thatch is the perfect example. And if you think about it, Yuri was that guy his first two seasons. Undersized, couldn’t shoot, but played hard and was a true floor general. 

11 hours ago, SLU_Lax said:

Donnie Dobbs. Our 6’3 center

Maybe Spoon’s best line ever on the height difference between what he thought and what he really measured. “There was some shrinkage between the time he left Junior College to when he got here. “

2 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Thatch is the perfect example. And if you think about it, Yuri was that guy his first two seasons. Undersized, couldn’t shoot, but played hard and was a true floor general. 

I take issue with him not being local. anyone in Missouri should be thought of as local except maybe KC metro area.