Yuri Collins to.....Grad Transfer

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Put Yuri with players that can score the ball and keep him distributing at point guard.  Let the other two score on Yuri dimes.

The reactions on this board remind of when Pujols left the Cardinals after the '11 season.  With time to heal that wound, he was welcomed back, triumphantly, a decade later.

On my top 100 list of favorite Cardinals, he's tied with Darryl  Porter at 99......

4 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Yes it does. Only to people who don't care about winning. You have terrible opinions on everything though, your bad ideas are not only sports-related.

So, let me get this straight, I'm wrong for not fawning over Albert and comparing his leaving town for cash with Yuri, who's doing the same despite not winning a national championship here.  I'm wrong for not putting Albert on my top 25 Cardinal's list?  I'm talking about my feelings.  You are, as always, a confounding little troll......

23 minutes ago, Soderball said:

He didn't make the tournament.

He was injured when he did manage to get us to the post season.

I'm good, dude. Time to move on from this era of coulda woulda shoulda.

If we are really using a Pujols comparison; AP won the world series, is a hands down Hall of Fame professional player, one of the greatest baseball players in history, who played a clean game on the heels of "the roid era" and is literally a living legend not just in some podunk college program, but in worldwide baseball lore.

Good grief, man.

Yuri led the Nation is Assists this past season, as in Numero Uno. 

That’s good, not good grief. 

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I’ve read the Comments, attended 6 SLU games this past season in person (SLU went 4-2), and watched most of the other games on TV. I am aware of the known issues and know what I observed. 

If I was in charge of the SLU Men’s BKB program, I would advocate doing what it takes within the current rules to keep Yuri  Collins for his 5th Season and pair him with Caleb Love and Gibson Jimerson, at SLU.

SLU needs to win now with the Big East TV contract up in 2 years.  SLU would have a better chance to win and win big, win as required, with Yuri and Caleb Love with Jimerson in Billiken Blue. Objectively and unquestionably the team would be better, significantly better, than what’s there now.

A backcourt with Yuri and Caleb Love is one of the funniest ideas floated on this board. Do we get to play with 2 basketballs too?

8 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

A backcourt with Yuri and Caleb Love is one of the funniest ideas floated on this board. Do we get to play with 2 basketballs too?

+ Gibson Jimerson.

Only one basketball is needed. 

Have you ever stayed up to watch the Golden State Warriors, especially in their prime, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Wiggins, Poole, Draymond Green? 

This is basketball, correct, as in making baskets, scoring the ball. Try it. You might like it. 

15 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

+ Gibson Jimerson.

Have you ever stayed up to watch the Golden State Warriors, especially in their prime, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Wiggins, Poole, Draymond Green? 

This is basketball, correct, as in making baskets, scoring the ball. Try it. You might like it. 

We did this nonsense the entire summer last year. We could score the ball this year.

BilliesBy40 likes this

49 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

+ Gibson Jimerson.

Lol. You can’t be serious. Last year, Yuri shot 32% from 3 and Love shot 30% from 3.

Yes, I agree with your idea to get two of the best 3 point shooters ever and let it fly. Using that as a comparison is comical.

32 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

We did this nonsense the entire summer last year. We could score the ball this year.

However, in conference season, there was too much of the annual reversion into playing the East Coast Bus League’s half court chess matches. 

Run, play up tempo, don’t just engage in the annual talk, rather, let’s see action, do it. Dictate terms to the opponents, not the other way around. Overall in the A10 SLU usually has the better players. Let them play ball.

6 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Lol. You can’t be serious. Last year, Yuri shot 32% from 3 and Love shot 30% from 3.

Yes, I agree with your idea to get two of the best 3 point shooters ever and let it fly. Using that as a comparison is comical.

I’m not laughing at the comparison. Are you aware Caleb Love led North Carolina to the ‘22 NCAA Championship Game? He is a star, as is Yuri Collins, the National Assists leader, playing his proper facilitator role at point guard. 

But as for the typical reactions of elements on this board … They are so predictable. 

Nothing wrong with Yuri but I enjoyed and trusted kwamain mitchell and Jordair Jett at the ends of games. We have had many Billikens over the years that could eke out a victory when Yuri had the ball at the end I had less confidence that a big could catch his pass or that he could drive and finish. I liked Yuri butvthus team needed more than just Yuri.  He could not make up for the liss of Thatch, Jr on defense; he could not heal

Javonte’ Perkins leg and he got beat by 2?or 3?A10 guards. So he was not an All American like Easy Ed Mc Cauley

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

Yuri isn’t a winner. That’s why he’ll never be thought of in the greats. He’s nowhere near Kwamain or Jordair. Those dudes WON. 

He did lead St. Mary’s to the state championship game. I don’t think it is fair to crap on Yuri when the coaches didn’t put a complete team around him. Without Yuri these past two seasons we would have been dog sh!t. Probably would have been best for him to have kicked out last spring.

stmdragons likes this

42 minutes ago, DOC said:

The program is better off without him. 

This take is total crap. While we can all find deficiencies in his game he was one of the best point guards in the country. Assist’s say so. If you want to blame Ford for making him the focus of the program ok. Yuri was a great talent.  

47 minutes ago, willie said:

This take is total crap. While we can all find deficiencies in his game he was one of the best point guards in the country. Assist’s say so. If you want to blame Ford for making him the focus of the program ok. Yuri was a great talent.  

Ya, you’re right. I’m just ready to move on from Yuri. 

5 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

+ Gibson Jimerson.

even draymond is a better shooter and teamate than collins was.  

7 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

There's no way anyone can objectively say this team is better without Yuri than it would be with him.  That's emotion tainting the reasoning.

I suppose we'll objectively find out this upcoming season if the Bills finish above 4th. 

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

even draymond is a better shooter and teamate than collins was.  

Are you aware of the Draymond incident with Poole, and what that did to GSW team chemistry? Are you aware of Coach Steve Kerr’s end of season assessment of the matter? Are you aware of Draymond Green’s own post-season admission on the matter? 

Your statement, both parts of it, is incorrect. Yuri shot slightly better than Green from 3. But Yuri is a point guard;  Green is an undersized power forward and the team enforcer. The Warriors do not rely on Draymond Green for their scored baskets. He has a very different role on that team. Unfortunately, one part of his enforcing involved his own teammate, not good. 

4 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Are you aware of the Draymond incident with Poole, and what that did to GSW team chemistry? Are you aware of Coach Steve Kerr’s end of season assessment of the matter? Are you aware of Draymond Green’s own post-season admission on the matter? 

Your statement, both parts of it, is incorrect. Yuri shot slightly better than Green from 3. But Yuri is a point guard;  Green is an undersized power forward and the team enforcer. The Warriors do not rely on Draymond Green for their scored baskets. He has a very different role on that team. Unfortunately, one part of his enforcing involved his own teammate, not good. 

my statement doesnt proclaim draymond green was the end all.   in fact i started my reply with "even draymond green......"    ie. unspoken the worst teammate and shooter of your example was better than collins.