Welcome Brad Ezewiro!

25 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

This is where I’m at. Sincere’s game looked a lot better once conference rolled around and he got extended time. If he plays 20 minutes per game this season, he’ll average double digits and have some big games. Heck, it’s not out of the realm of possibility he leads SLU in scoring this year. 

Always the case with good JUCOs it seems.....There's an adjustment period.... 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem I have seen over the last few seasons seems to be Ford's ability to play favorites.  Whether by design or by necessity, guys like French, Goodwin, Collins, Perkins, Pickett, Jimerson and Thatch were hardly yanked when doing 'wrong.'  Guys like Okoro, Hargrove, Parker and Hughes had tighter leashes.  

Parker's success will likely hinge on which list Ford has him on come next season IMHO.

Parker will keep shooting and we certainly need baskets places other than three pointer and for his size he rebounds reasonably, alertly. Question if his speed can be better; you could tell he was often lost, a step behind on defense and at times

he could kick it yo a new level- this will be interesting.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

The problem I have seen over the last few seasons seems to be Ford's ability to play favorites.  Whether by design or by necessity, guys like French, Goodwin, Collins, Perkins, Pickett, Jimerson and Thatch were hardly yanked when doing 'wrong.'  Guys like Okoro, Hargrove, Parker and Hughes had tighter leashes.  

Parker's success will likely hinge on which list Ford has him on come next season IMHO.

Ford sometimes has a quick hook, but it usually due to a blown defensive play, stupid foul or a tough missed shot early in the clock. He tolerates some sub par defense when a player scores more than he gives up. As an example, Perkins moved from high tolerance prior to his injury, to low tolerance after his injury, when his defensive play declined and his offensive game declined.

Hughes minutes went up as his defense improved. 

If you want to play for Ford, play tough defensive, if you don't have a high percentage shot, pass the ball and don't do anything  stupid.

HoosierPal and cgeldmacher like this

10 hours ago, Aquinas said:

don't do anything  stupid.

This is kind of my everyday life motto. I use it a lot. At work, beer league softball, golf, driving. 
I have found that by not doing anything stupid, good things usually happen.